Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
(September 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

Really? I don't think so:

" Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth[c] a man.” Later she gave birth to his brother Abel." Genesis 4:1-2

"Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh." Genesis 4:25-26

I showed where the Bible clearly state that "Cain was of that wicked one", he was not Adams son.

It WAS sex that caused it, which is why Jesus had to be born of a virgin, to restore everything back to how it was in the beginning, everything must run in continuity. We are in a fallen state because we are hybridized, in nature hybridization brings death (sterility). Adam had the power to form people out of the dust of the earth just like he was, (sex was not in the original plan) but lost that power when he fell.

The Bible states that Jesus Christ (aka second Adam) upon his return, will call up those that are "dead in Christ" back up from the dust like they were supposed to be in the beginning.

(September 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Really? I can see the possible innuendo, but that's not what the Bible says and Genesis isn't shy of directly addressing sex. There is nothing about anyone having sex with the serpent or in connection with the fall except that they noticed they were naked.

The Bible has a way of saying things that not everyone will understand.
Are not "fruit" the ovaries of a plant?

Luke 10:21
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

(September 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Semen ain't blood, and you'll have to find me that garden of Edan sex, because I sure don't see it.

Were talking Biblical, the Bible states that "life is in the blood".

Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

(September 4, 2014 at 1:53 pm)Jenny A Wrote: There is nothing about "By faith" Abel's sacrifice was better. What I do see is that god saw what Cain might do before he did it:

"Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Genesis 4:6-7

Hebrews 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Were talking Biblical, the Bible states that "life is in the blood

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! - by Huggy Bear - September 4, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cain LinuxGal 3 765 November 25, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16920 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Jesus was pretty buff Doubting Thomas 10 1268 December 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7663 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My 'born again' story. Theological explanation? FallentoReason 17 7874 May 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  A good explanation to Christian love LastPoet 0 1279 October 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Naturalistic explanation for the resurrection of Jesus Justtristo 43 26435 March 2, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: corndog36