Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 5:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
(September 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 6, 2014 at 7:35 pm)Jenny A Wrote: <snip>
Genesis 3:4-7 Notice that it is eating the fruit and not sex (sex is not mentioned that causes Adam and Eve to know they are naked.

Genesis 3:14-15
Notice that God talks about eh serpent's seed and Eve's seed (yes Eve's seed sorry if you don't think Eve has seed but god says she does). So Eve's descendants are different and people and snakes don't get along.

Genesis 4:1-2 So you see Eve didn't conceive until Adam slept with her and she attributed the baby to God.

Nowhere is there any suggestion that the serpent had sex with Eve, only Adam did that.

Genesis 4:25 Notice that she refers to her children as her "seed". Notice also that the language concerning Seth is almost identical to that regarding Cain. She got him by sleeping with Adam and the help of the Lord, just like she got Cain. So Cain and Seth are full brothers. Any other conclusion is contrary to Genesis.

I find it a little ironic that your version of the story is angels coming down and having sex with humans, while I'm saying that it was the Descendants of Adam, yet my version is the insane one.

Obviously whatever happened had something to do with genetics because Giants were produced, where did these giants come from? We determined by your own evidence that is was not angels, so that leave only one place you can go.

The giants? From sleeping with angels obviously. Wink But if, as you say, Cain's descendants sleeping with Seth's descendants were the cause, then either Seth or Cain would have had to have been taller than those giants of old--it really is simple genetics.

(September 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: God does not spell out everything plainly, take this scripture for example.

Sorry: not willing to consider the New Testament when interpreting the Old Testament's meaning.

(September 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Which brings us back to the garden of Eden.
The reason it is written in this manner instead of coming out and explaining it in plain language, is because it is also using the story as a foreshadowing of the crucifixion of Jesus. In Eden we have the Tree of Life and the Tree of Good and Evil, and when Adam and Eve fell, God expelled them from Eden "lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:".
Quote:Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
As we see here, God placed an Angel to block the way to the tree of life.

This punishment was only to last for a certain period of time until the birth of Jesus Christ.
Quote:John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Not only is Jesus the way back to eternal life, he IS the Tree of Life. Does not the Bible refer the the Crucifix as a tree?

Quote:Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

So therefore Jesus dying on the "tree" grants us eternal life, making him the Tree of Life. The picture is not complete however because there was also the Tree of Good and Evil, Which brings us to Judas who being a hypocrite (both good and evil) also hung himself from a tree.

Now do you see the whole picture?

If the Bible came out plainly and told you it was a sexual act, it breaks the whole foreshadowing of the crucifixion.

Everyone is not able to see it that way, which is why "revelation" is required, then your eyes are opened to see things everyone else misses.

Ah we aren't told so people won't know too soon. Or in other words hogwash. But it does explain why I disagree so strongly with you about what the text of Genesis actually says. You are supposing that the New Testament can rewrite it. It can't. It says what is says.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! - by Jenny A - September 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cain LinuxGal 3 765 November 25, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16920 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Jesus was pretty buff Doubting Thomas 10 1267 December 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7663 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My 'born again' story. Theological explanation? FallentoReason 17 7874 May 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  A good explanation to Christian love LastPoet 0 1279 October 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Naturalistic explanation for the resurrection of Jesus Justtristo 43 26435 March 2, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: corndog36