Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Homework or Not to Homework? That is the question.
RE: To Homework or Not to Homework? That is the question.
(September 9, 2014 at 4:22 am)Aroura Wrote: I can give her some, but it is going to be difficult to make sure it is matching what she is doing in school, and make it effective and engaging. After all, I'm not a trained teacher. Still, I guess it is up to me (and other parents) to fill in the widening gaps in the public school system. To be clear, gaps I do NOT blame on teachers.

I guarantee you, if she is developing normally, then just keep moving through mathematical and other material at a steady pace, and she'll leave the crowd far behind in a couple years.

On a personal level, you can think of the poor education system as a benefit to your daughter-- she will get a huge leg up on the competition, putting her in the market for a good school, a good job, and hopefully a good marriage and fincancial prosperity.

Be careful what you wish for, because in Canada, so many go to university that a Masters degree is the new high school diploma.

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Homework or Not to Homework? That is the question. - by bennyboy - September 9, 2014 at 7:18 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question for those who believe truth is not absolute GrandizerII 92 8847 July 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: quip
  Ethics Class Homework Assignments: Critiques, Thoughts... Thanks! Mudhammam 6 2666 July 5, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  The following is not a question: Can something come from nothing? Alex K 204 31338 April 16, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Deceitful - to be or not to be! That is the question! Mystic 30 9311 July 14, 2012 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Polaris