Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED
#10
RE: "You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED
(April 6, 2015 at 7:10 am)Brian37 Wrote: This OP/ED IS NOT aimed at anyone here on this board, this is in response to something I have seen all my life and it pisses me off way more than getting pissed off. "You wouldn't say that to my face" or "I'll kick your ass" in response to an insult. Is when you are an adult schoolyard bullshit.

Ok let me flat out say that line is not a label thing, it is not owned by atheists, Christians, Muslims, Jews ect ect ect. It is unfortunately a stupid fucking line that should be left back at the schoolyard. 

As much as I blaspheme and cuss I really do get sick, even when atheist pull that crap, of thinking because someone offended you have the right to respond back with a threat. NO YOU DO NOT, respond back yes, but if you are not in high school or grade school, you don't use childish responses like that. 

I was bullied as a kid, and of course as an adult I still get called names even from other atheists. But I never respond with "I'm going to kick your ass". No, you get in my face, I either respond with a "fuck you", or I simply ignore you. I DO understand no one likes to get picked on. But that does not entitle anyone to respond to getting picked on to making threats or implying threats.

Part of the civil west is getting offended, and the other part of that is also the common law of not making threats or responding to getting offended with threats. 

Honestly, I've seen people type shit online they wouldn't say to anyone's face. No one in their right mind would call my son a "bastard" to my face, yet it's happened online.

It's not about me being Billy Badass with A Stick when I reply, "That's something you'd never say to my face" -- it's pointing out the essential cowardice of someone who'd gladhand me in real life as he shitposts about my boy.

Me, I say carry yourself online as you do in life.  And yes, that means that I am sometimes an asshole. It also means I don't take shit from folks. Don't like it? Call your therapist.

Reply



Messages In This Thread
"You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED - by Jackie - April 6, 2015 at 7:10 am
"You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED - by KUSA - April 6, 2015 at 10:03 pm
RE: "You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED - by Thumpalumpacus - April 6, 2015 at 10:37 pm
"You wouldn't say that to my face" OP/ED - by KUSA - April 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Jackie 82 21503 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Jackie 37 9190 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Environmental charities, what say you? Jackie 11 3743 December 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: no one
  Smile when you say that.... onlinebiker 12 3498 April 11, 2020 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 4718 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  Dumb things people say Lemon Curry 17 5592 April 21, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If you see something, say something Kitan Etos 24 6514 February 1, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Take It, Or leave it, I can still say Voulez Vous Jackie 7 2861 November 29, 2018 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: adey67
  Say Farewell To An American Icon Minimalist 33 7704 October 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Schwa
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 6367 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)