Without a profound and sincere apology to everyone as their first move ice breaker, I don't see the situation changing.
And the apology thing is a 'thing' too. In the month delay for the party, Aunt Edna and Aunt Beatrice (NTRN) both passed away. There are, even 3 years later, some very hard feelings about this still unexplained and un-apologized for slap in the face and 'ruining' of the party. Their seeming acceptance of the situation doesn't seem to indicate any discomfort they have with the situation.
So, I could see some sturdy resistance to 'our side' making any overture 'first'.
And the apology thing is a 'thing' too. In the month delay for the party, Aunt Edna and Aunt Beatrice (NTRN) both passed away. There are, even 3 years later, some very hard feelings about this still unexplained and un-apologized for slap in the face and 'ruining' of the party. Their seeming acceptance of the situation doesn't seem to indicate any discomfort they have with the situation.
So, I could see some sturdy resistance to 'our side' making any overture 'first'.
The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.



