Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2026, 8:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ask a Pure O sufferer
#10
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer
(May 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Have you ever known anyone else with Pure-O OCD In real life? Because I have to live with it as well. I found it out recently.

No. I know someone with 'regular' OCD, but we're not close or anything

(May 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: During one particularly bad episode, I found an article by Mara Wilson, of all people, about it; despite my fascination with mental illness, it was the first time I heard about Pure-O OCD; while I do have Obsessions and Compulsions, they're not connected to each other and until I read it, I assumed they needed to be.

Thanks for that article, it's great. Especially the neat freak part. I'm the opposite and I actually get freaked out by too much orderliness, it makes me uneasy
I don't have any visible compulsions, at all. I had some minor ones during one very bad episode in my life when my anxiety was getting out of control, but not since then
It looks like I'm somewhat better now compared to previous episodes. Can't say it's peachy - my thoughts are driving me nuts-but it ain't as crazy as before

(May 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Lest you assume I'm just self-diagnosed, when I mentioned this to my therapist and my suspicions that I may have it, she immediately confirmed my suspicions. She had changed my diagnosis a few months prior to the triple threat of depression, Pure-O OCD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Sorry to hear that mate! It must be awful. OCD is rarely alone, I have other anxiety related issues as well and I've been on and off suicidal for a while

(May 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Some of the obsessions (that is, the clinically debilitating ones) tend to be about violence and general paranoia (the West Memphis 3 case shows that a man can be convicted for the most serious crimes on absurdly circumstantial evidence).

Violence is apparently a common theme in intrusive thoughts. Mine mostly involve questioning my sexual orientation and unpleasant inappropriate thoughts of that nature about other people

If you ever wanna talk, PM me. It's good to blow off some steam from time to time and looks like we're in the same shit with this
Reply



Messages In This Thread
ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by downbeatplumb - May 24, 2015 at 1:09 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 24, 2015 at 1:18 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Saxmoof - May 24, 2015 at 1:19 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 24, 2015 at 1:40 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by vorlon13 - May 24, 2015 at 1:21 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Saxmoof - May 24, 2015 at 2:10 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 24, 2015 at 2:39 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Rev. Rye - May 24, 2015 at 7:48 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 25, 2015 at 7:26 am
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Aractus - May 25, 2015 at 9:51 am
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 25, 2015 at 10:45 am
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Rev. Rye - May 25, 2015 at 11:13 am
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Aractus - May 25, 2015 at 1:25 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Longhorn - May 25, 2015 at 1:34 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Iroscato - May 25, 2015 at 10:21 am
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Angrboda - May 25, 2015 at 2:12 pm
RE: ask a Pure O sufferer - by Aractus - May 26, 2015 at 2:45 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Ask a firearms enthusiast deleted 41 24246 June 8, 2023 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ask someone completely disillusioned about Americanism. Jackalope 35 21088 March 21, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Ask a trans. Jehanne 20 14913 January 3, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Ask an Uber driver. Goosebump 1 4233 January 2, 2022 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Ask a critic T.J. 16 9568 January 2, 2022 at 5:19 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Ask a poor person BrokenQuill92 49 27046 December 9, 2021 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Ask a woman who just turned 50. Divinity 41 22439 November 30, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Ask a dog mom BrokenQuill92 16 11248 November 30, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Ask Eleven Kitan Etos 36 21317 June 26, 2021 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Frank Apisa
  [Serious] Ask an American expat Jackalope 12 7909 January 12, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)