Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bystander Effect & the Diffusion of Responsibility
RE: The Bystander Effect & the Diffusion of Responsibility
Isn't this why when you yell fire more people will respond than if you yell rape?

The biggest factor effecting my action or lack there of is: "The type of action required in an emergency differs from situation to situation". If I think I can have a positive impact then I usually get involved. If it's something I know nothing about or don't believe I can impact then I'm less inclined to get involved (kind of like me lurking on this site). Historically: lady having a seizure - acted, loose dog in traffic - acted, man making physical threats to others with a pool cue - no action.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bystander Effect & the Diffusion of Responsibility - by brewer - July 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicotine has an antagonistic effect on dopamine D2 triggered sexual arousal? Ksa 6 3297 January 7, 2014 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  The effect of increasing sexualization of women in the media Mystic 37 14867 June 10, 2013 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  A Butterfly's Effect thesummerqueen 2 1786 March 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Violet