Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Month Without Faith - Thank you.
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you.
(July 16, 2015 at 9:28 pm)luka Wrote: Spacetime your experience sounds a lot like mine. Although I never had any close church going friends. What is that like? Do they talk down to you or are they just as before?

Well, they now don't take being ignored for an answer.  Whereas, before, they just prayed me into a social event?  Now they show up at my house at 6 a.m. (not kidding), with presents for my children (still not kidding).

I am prompted more often in emails & txt msgs to respond with things like "God bless" or "Christ has risen!"  When the recipient doesn't receive something adequate in response... they question.  I usually immediately turn the conversation to actual problems... like starving children, civil rights, the legal system, etc.  OR, I turn the conversation to cool shit (like I had to do 5 times today).  Cool things include (for any theists who may be reading) that 9 years ago the US sent a spacecraft 7.5 billion kilometers to Pluto to look at a planet that we no longer consider a planet.  Of course all this is meaningless when you're expecting Christ to return with candy canes for children who didn't "do a bad thing", only to turn around and torture those who "did a bad thing".

Sorry getting off topic.  I've realized I have no friends.  ...basically.

My friends, ...my entire social network... are no longer an aid to my happiness.  In fact, they're *REALLY* trying to stifle any progress I make.  They are ...literally... "love-bombing" me.  "Let me introduce you to so-and-so, etc."  

As a result, I conclude;
1) I need friends with college degrees
2) I need friends who give 2 fucks about what I don't know
3) I need friends who encourage me to pursue happiness, rather than turn me around and point me in the other direction
4) I need friends that like me for me, not because they have to

On the other hand, women in the church give ... literally ... 2 shits ... about your theology.  They just want friends.  It makes me wonder what sort of censorship is happening at home if they're *that* desperate for friends at Church.  My wife is doing just fine.  *AND*, to be clear, I'm *TOTALLY* cool with my wife and kids going to Church.... ....just so long as they know where "Dad" stands.  Because, and not beating my chest here, they *TOTALLY* respect my opinion.

Eventually, we're going to have to dump this social network... I hate it... but they want it, because they can't talk about anything other than *IT*.

Good question, if I didn't answer it... lemme know, brah.

Messages In This Thread
One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Spacetime - July 16, 2015 at 6:40 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Spacetime - July 16, 2015 at 9:24 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Spacetime - July 16, 2015 at 10:00 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Spacetime - July 16, 2015 at 10:25 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by luka - July 16, 2015 at 9:28 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Spacetime - July 16, 2015 at 9:53 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by brewer - July 16, 2015 at 9:31 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by AFTT47 - July 16, 2015 at 10:42 pm
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by pocaracas - July 17, 2015 at 4:31 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Longhorn - July 17, 2015 at 4:37 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by robvalue - July 17, 2015 at 6:09 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by robvalue - July 17, 2015 at 8:20 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by robvalue - July 17, 2015 at 10:30 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by Regina - July 17, 2015 at 10:44 am
RE: One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by dyresand - July 17, 2015 at 2:06 pm
One Month Without Faith - Thank you. - by KUSA - July 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Thank God!" HappyHumanist 18 7261 October 28, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Exiting the Faith KnockEmOuttt 14 5453 July 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: KnockEmOuttt
  Faith no more Kayenneh 5 2494 May 14, 2011 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
Lightbulb I actually believed this bullshit without being indoctrinated! Emporion 12 4321 March 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Emporion