Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is indeterminism in science still alive or dead?
Is indeterminism in science still alive or dead?
Reading The God Delusion I have failed to understand what is the position of RD with referrence to indeterminism .
In some chapters of the book he speaks about "chance"or "luck" in the evolution of life or in origin of life with the meanning of randomness ,denying them alltogether and putting in evidence that those notions are sutained only by creationists or ID believers.

I searched the Wikipedia about 'Ideterminism"but wasn't satisfied about the delivered information.
I would like to ask the forum the following :
Is the :Uncertainity Pinciple still valid in science ,in quantum mechanics?
Is the same still valid in astronomy ( black holes) as proved by Stephen Hawking?
What happened to the Genetic Drift in Byology ?
The answers are important to atheism and would do a lot of good to be clarified.

Messages In This Thread
Is indeterminism in science still alive or dead? - by josef rosenkranz - September 17, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How humans are still evolving I_am_not_mafia 26 3094 June 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  I still think getting a flu shot is directly linked to getting the flu Foxaèr 64 6543 April 4, 2018 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Magilla
  Still Learning AT7iLA 28 6429 March 14, 2014 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Fukushima still a Threat to Humanity? Gooders1002 9 5713 November 5, 2013 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7790 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4282 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe