Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still think getting a flu shot is directly linked to getting the flu
I still think getting a flu shot is directly linked to getting the flu
On the morning news, there was a short piece on a second circulation of people at clinics due to having contracted the flu. I wonder how many of them got a flu shot prior to contraction.

The ONE time I got the flu, it was my Freshman year of college after being required to get the flu shot in order to attend. Haven't had a flu shot since, and haven't had the flu since.

You science-y people can make all the claims you want. I'm not buying them, because I'm evidence against those claims.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I still think getting a flu shot is directly linked to getting the flu
Regardless of my stance on the flu shot and I'm not getting into that but mmmaaaannn your 'evidence' is about as good as a Christian's proving their god exists. That ONE time you got a shot you got the flu? Because doing something one time only gives FLAWLESS results. coincidences don't happen AT ALL.

Logic, this has so much.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Individual cases may vary, I'm sure. I know I tend to not get as sick in the winter time when I have my shot. I may feel close to getting sick after I get the shot, because they gave me a weakened strain of the flu virus, but afterwards it works. I think maybe that's the reason you got the flu after you got the shot. You had a bad reaction, but apparently normally you don't get the flu, and that's fortunate. Not much reason to get the shot every year if you don't find yourself getting sick every year otherwise.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I had my flu shot a couple times. Every year I got the jab I got the flu. On the years I didn't get it, sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Just get the flu shot you daft cunts.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(March 28, 2018 at 10:10 am)Aegon Wrote: Just get the flu shot you daft cunts.

^^^

Anecdotally, the only time I got an bone fide case of influenza (as opposed to some other URI that people mistake for the flu), I did not get the vaccine, simply because I forgot. Haven't contracted it in any year that I did get the shot, which is almost every year.

That time I did get it in December of 2013, it very nearly killed me, and that's no exaggeration at all.

My fiance works in a hospital with medically fragile kids who are immuno-compromised and cannot get the vaccine. Get the vaccine to protect people like them, those people you undoubtedly run across in your daily life. Suck it up buttercup, and get your jab, you're probably not going to die from the flu, but they might.

The science says you can't get the flu from the vaccine, though you can get it in spite of getting the vaccine, simply because of the strain prediction was wrong, like this year.
(March 28, 2018 at 9:45 am)Lutrinae Wrote: The ONE time I got the flu, it was my Freshman year of college after being required to get the flu shot in order to attend. Haven't had a flu shot since, and haven't had the flu since.

So...the one time you got the flu, you had just walked into a new environment where thousands of students from all over the country and quite possibly the world congregate for the first time. You think that might be the real reason?

The flu shot isn't 100% effective, but Freshers' Flu is a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshers'_Flu
(March 28, 2018 at 10:10 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: I had my flu shot a couple times. Every year I got the jab I got the flu. On the years I didn't get it, sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't.

Did you hear predictions that the flu season would be particularly bad each time you got your flu shots?
Perhaps we're lucky our topic starter only had a bum flu shot instead of seeing a cloud in the sky that looked like Jesus ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 28, 2018 at 10:55 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(March 28, 2018 at 10:10 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: I had my flu shot a couple times. Every year I got the jab I got the flu. On the years I didn't get it, sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't.

Did you hear predictions that the flu season would be particularly bad each time you got your flu shots?

No.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How humans are still evolving I_am_not_mafia 26 2940 June 9, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Serotonin Receptors May Be Linked to Spirituality/Religion MountainsWinAgain 2 999 May 24, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Still Learning AT7iLA 28 6324 March 14, 2014 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Fukushima still a Threat to Humanity? Gooders1002 9 5686 November 5, 2013 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Is indeterminism in science still alive or dead? josef rosenkranz 7 4965 September 19, 2008 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Tiberius