Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What seems to me to be intuitions about God.
What seems to me to be intuitions about God.
1. Independent Existence

One thing I intuit, is that independent existence cannot be some insignificant small plain existence with a small force. For example a quark or whatever is the smallest consisting unit of matter, I don't think it's possible for it to self-existing and self-preserving. It seems to me rather it's impossible. Rather it seems to me it must be rich in existence and power to be independent. This tells me, minor existence must be constantly maintained and created. It can never gain self-dependence.

2. Necessary Existence

It also seems to me, if God was a possibility, he would be definitely a necessary existence. What I mean by that, he wouldn't be simply existing as a possible existence, but a necessary one. And further it seems to me, all other then God, cannot be necessary existences. And further seems to me, there must be a necessary existence. It seems what must not exist, should not, unless created by a necessary existence, while for anything to exist, there must be a necessary existence. The Necessary existence is such that it must be the way it is by necessity of nature of existence. This seems only plausible when the nature is ultimate existence.

3. Cannot be Greater.

As it cannot be greater, it is ultimately the necessary being. If it could be greater, it would not be necessary being, by the fact, it can be more or less great, and one can question why not this much greater or that much less greater.

It seems also that existence of greatness to the extent it cannot be greater is an intuition on it's own.

4. It is eternal

This existence cannot be something that is created by something else nor can it come from nothing. From nothing, nothing follows. If I were to see something magically appear in the universe, I would not conclude that from nothing, nothing follows is false. I would assume it has a cause even though it's unknown. The same can be said if it looked like matter was naturally streaming from nothing.

5. Traits of Greatness

Whatever would make it greater, it must have. Whatever it would make it less great, it cannot have. Therefore we can know it is forgiving, merciful, compassionate, fair, loving, powerful, and each of these to the ultimate degree. We intuit these traits of greatness.

6. Indivisibility.

It seems whatever it is, it being the original existence is simple as opposed to divided. Therefore all it's attributes are really describing one essence.

Messages In This Thread
What seems to me to be intuitions about God. - by MysticKnight - July 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men Macoleco 121 7457 January 24, 2023 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can we trust our Moral Intuitions? vulcanlogician 72 3884 November 7, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Alan V