Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men
Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men
Based on personal experience and observation, it is quite easy to notice that men are on the constant pursue of women, mainly with the objective of having sex with them. The desire for a relationship may depend on several factors, such as falling in love with her, which can happen at first sight or after some time of friendship, or after certain age at which company is more desirable than lust. 

Nonetheless, for young men, such scenario of having a strong sexual desire, and not being able to easily satiate it, albeit temporaly, creates feelings of frustration, and even anger and resentment, which unfortunately have to be endured. And thus, men enter a vicious cycle, which makes them waste resources, time, and forces them to act into sometimes awkward and uncomfortable social situations, such as approaching women, which may lead into unfavorable situations. 

The option of prostitution is always available, which can be a curse in itself. Most men want to be desired the same way they desire women. Unfortunately nature decided to create women in a different a fashion. Prostitution has many shortcomings, like the possibility of being scammed or STD, the emptiness which one may feel after the act, or not finding a woman attractive enough. Using this service frequency can also become very expensive. 

Only few men are lucky enough to sleep with either highly attractive women, be it due to their looks, social circle, socio-economic status, etc., or with a woman they deem worthy of a relationship and capable of good sex. Now, these both scenarios do not satiate the desire of men permanently, but on a regular basis it keeps him satisfied, and the feelings of resentment and frustration disappear.  Still, the desire for different women will probably remain, although not as strong, as before.

Women know of such fact, either based on observation, experience, or instinct. And will use it as a weapon against man, mainly manipulation. Like the donkey that cases the carrot, man chases the woman who, might or might not, give him sex, which, will unlikely, fully please him, keeping him into the vicious cycle.

There is no solution to this dilemma, only ways to cope and keep the desire under control. Nonetheless, most men will still chase women, since the idea of putting one's sexuality aside is disagreeable. Time is limited, specially youth, and thus having as much sex as possible while feasible is something most men can not simply ignore, again, forcing them into this vicious cycle. 

Only time can end lust, in the fashion only death can end life.
RE: Sexual desire seems to be a curse for men
That is a very disturbing post.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Incel alert.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 22, 2022 at 5:18 am)Macoleco Wrote: There is no solution to this dilemma, only ways to cope and keep the desire under control.

Very roughly speaking, Buddhism and other Eastern approaches say that eliminating desire is the only way to deal with it, finally.

In the West, since Plato, there seems to be an acceptance that Eros is not only inevitable but good. The point is to channel desire into safe and socially acceptable ways. Plato sees desire for a beautiful lover as the first step in a fulfilled life -- though at some point one has to graduate to less carnal types of desire. But still -- desire is the driving force. 

Freud, for example, whose foundational knowledge was in the Greeks, agreed with Plato that Eros is the driving force of mankind, and that all civilization arises from the proper sublimation (=redirection) of this basic desire. 

What do you think? Can erotic desire be channeled in good ways? Or is it always going to be something that makes trouble?
Macoleco is envious of chads who get all the hot girls.
(December 22, 2022 at 5:18 am)Macoleco Wrote: Only few men are lucky enough to sleep with either highly attractive women, be it due to their looks, social circle, socio-economic status, etc., or with a woman they deem worthy of a relationship and capable of good sex. Now, these both scenarios do not satiate the desire of men permanently, but on a regular basis it keeps him satisfied, and the feelings of resentment and frustration disappear.  Still, the desire for different women will probably remain, although not as strong, as before.

Maybe you should lower your standards.

Let me ask you a personal question: have you ever met a woman for whom you were certain you could score? Maybe she was not of the "highly attractive" kind?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 22, 2022 at 7:16 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(December 22, 2022 at 5:18 am)Macoleco Wrote: There is no solution to this dilemma, only ways to cope and keep the desire under control.

Very roughly speaking, Buddhism and other Eastern approaches say that eliminating desire is the only way to deal with it, finally.

In the West, since Plato, there seems to be an acceptance that Eros is not only inevitable but good. The point is to channel desire into safe and socially acceptable ways. Plato sees desire for a beautiful lover as the first step in a fulfilled life -- though at some point one has to graduate to less carnal types of desire. But still -- desire is the driving force. 

Freud, for example, whose foundational knowledge was in the Greeks, agreed with Plato that Eros is the driving force of mankind, and that all civilization arises from the proper sublimation (=redirection) of this basic desire. 

What do you think? Can erotic desire be channeled in good ways? Or is it always going to be something that makes trouble?

Well you could argue that building a family is a good way of channeling that energy. Although the desire will always be there for the man. He might have a fulfilling sexual life with his wife. Or may be not, which will lead him to either endure it, or look for sex somewhere else. 

It will not always make trouble for him or others, but those feelings will have to be endured and controled by him.
(December 22, 2022 at 8:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(December 22, 2022 at 5:18 am)Macoleco Wrote: Only few men are lucky enough to sleep with either highly attractive women, be it due to their looks, social circle, socio-economic status, etc., or with a woman they deem worthy of a relationship and capable of good sex. Now, these both scenarios do not satiate the desire of men permanently, but on a regular basis it keeps him satisfied, and the feelings of resentment and frustration disappear.  Still, the desire for different women will probably remain, although not as strong, as before.

Maybe you should lower your standards.

Let me ask you a personal question: have you ever met a woman for whom you were certain you could score? Maybe she was not of the "highly attractive" kind?

The post is not about me. I will not answer posts calling me incel nor personal questions.
(December 22, 2022 at 8:16 am)Macoleco Wrote:
(December 22, 2022 at 8:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Maybe you should lower your standards.

The post is not about me. I will not answer posts calling me incel nor personal questions.

Really, you don't want to get personal?! What do you think you have been doing for the last couple of months if not very personal in your posts?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
If you're having trouble securing a partner..definitely -don't- mention the thing where you're sure that the best you can offer them, is to endure your time with them. Similarly, if you're having trouble securing a partner, maybe look for a female that -does- desire men? This state of affairs where you're thinking about being with someone who doesn't want you, while you want everyone else, well..obviously..that's not going to be a good relationship, eh? More like the preamble to a divorce or breakup. There are definitely people who find themselves there, and misery loving company, I can see how we might focus on those sorts of dysfunctional relationships when we're lonely...but that's probably just a self pitying coping mechanism.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no relationship guru, and no pickup artist. I'm a serial monogamist that didn't get marriage right the first go round. Sometimes, even when the other person wants you, and you're completely satisfied with them, it still doesn't work out - but it seems like that's a good place to start. I suppose that the awkwardness of the approach is something that won't go away anytime soon. It's always terrifying to really open up to someone, to invite rejection. Makes your heart beat a little faster, and it feels like shit when it doesn't pan out. The good news, my dude..is that when any one female rejects you, there are about four billion more in the world.

Echoing FM above, you may not think that your post was about you, that you're not "getting personal" but ofc you are. You're not describing women-et-al in any of that, you're projecting your disappointments, fears, suspicions, and perceived inadequacies onto them. Another thing you might want to look into, in it's totality, if you're having trouble securing a partner. It's not fun for anybody, not you, not them. Nobody wants that shit. Nobody. It's just no fun.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you get rid of your sexual desire if you could? Macoleco 78 12170 October 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are All Men Equal? Loading Please Wait 30 3613 December 13, 2016 at 4:02 am
Last Post: ukatheist
  Strong desire to understand. Edwardo Piet 15 2748 September 14, 2016 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Athene
  Are Married Men "Husbands?" How About a New Term for a New Relationship? Rhondazvous 60 9009 July 2, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  unreported personal experiences of sexism/sexual harassment? ideologue08 24 10371 May 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 41492 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  [split] Do you think "necrophilia" can be considered a legit sexual orientation? Love 7 3755 May 4, 2013 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Do you think "necrophilia" can be considered a legit sexual orientation? Jextin 71 15424 March 28, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: catfish
  who are the men in these avatars? Jextin 7 1839 March 26, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What seems to me to be intuitions about God. Mystic 4 1217 July 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris