Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dishonored
RE: Dishonored
Are you still fucking serious Creed? You really want to go down this road?

Fine.

Quote:apparently you're inducing a self-fulfilling allergic reaction however, because SEVERAL gaming developers have come out as saying that coding for the PS3 is retardedly difficult. I was gonna let this drop but hey if you wanna keep calling me a bullshitter...

Straw man. Never once did I say developing on the ps3 is supposed to be easy. But that's why companies like Bethesda supposedly pay the best salaries to the best programmers. Herp fucking derp.

Still bullshitting, you're just aiming in between different goal posts now.

From your first quote:
"and a lot of people see the negatives of it, but if you flip that around, it means the hardware has a lot more to offer." - How much emphasis can I make on this sentence.

Wait, let's try again.

"the hardware has a lot more to offer."

Yeah, he's really slagging off the PS3 here. Last time I checked Difficulty != Bad.

Your second quote is quite laughable. Gabe Newell? Really? Well he's not biased in the slightest is he? Wait, let's see, oh wait, yes, yes he is actually.

Are you even aware this guy is an ex Microsoft employee (who's probably been programming Microsoft systems all his life so he's going to be an arse when it comes to programming anything else), and that his company Valve, is quite obviously Microsoft oriented. Aside from the PC games he's produced and ofcourse Steam (which are going to be centred around Microsoft systems who'd have thought it), the few games Valve has produced that are multi-platform are still bumming off Microsoft. Half life, while being out for Windows and PS2 at the time, the dev's decided that for Half life 2 they'd fuck off the PS3 completely and go all out for xbox. Surprise surprise. You want more? Guess who was the co-publisher for Portal? That's right! 100 points!!! BING BING BING!!!! It was MICROSOFT!!!!!!!! Did you know that 26/27 games that Valve have produced have all been designed for Windows. What does that tell you? Seriously?

Do you want me to find a quote saying how brilliant the PS3 is from a Sony employee? Because that's pretty much all Gabe Newell's opinion on the playstation is equivalent to.

So, unless you missed anything, you've taken a quote from a guy who's so blatantly up the rear end of Microsoft, and a quote from a guy who's said in no uncertain terms, that the architecture of the ps3 is simply more difficult.

So what.

You know what's funny? I couldn't give a flying fuck about any of this, it's not even relevant to the original point I made (but hey, I'll still call you out on your bullshit).

As a company, Bethesda have carried out poor business practice by centring their development around the xbox.

Now unless you're going to actually argue against my statement, we may as well just end the conversation, and let this thread die a slow and painful death.

Messages In This Thread
Dishonored - by Fryslân - November 8, 2012 at 8:24 pm
RE: Dishonored - by downbeatplumb - November 9, 2012 at 3:28 pm
RE: Dishonored - by Faith No More - November 9, 2012 at 3:36 pm
RE: Dishonored - by Fryslân - November 13, 2012 at 7:01 pm
RE: Dishonored - by Napoléon - November 14, 2012 at 8:33 am
RE: Dishonored - by Kousbroek - November 14, 2012 at 8:51 am
RE: Dishonored - by Creed of Heresy - November 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm
RE: Dishonored - by Napoléon - November 11, 2012 at 10:46 am
RE: Dishonored - by Creed of Heresy - November 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm
RE: Dishonored - by Napoléon - November 13, 2012 at 10:40 am
RE: Dishonored - by Creed of Heresy - November 14, 2012 at 11:45 am