Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 9:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect?
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect?
(April 3, 2013 at 5:32 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Sometimes - I just don't feel like showing respect - although my lack of respect for someone doesn't always mean that it turns into a strong form of hatred or anger.

I agree. It takes truly a lot for me to feel more than a slight dislike of someone I don't respect, usually I just ignore people I can't find common ground with (IRL, that is Big Grin). I've come to the conclusion that the opinions of a person I can't respect, should be of no consequence to me, so why bother?

Quote:I don't expect people to show respect to me either. If they do, then that's good. And if they don't, no problem.

Which makes me wonder, what kind of person demands respect and out of what reasons? As I earlier stated, I give all fellow humans the respect they deserve, since I won't put myself higher as a person, and I hope that other people can treat me with the same respect. But to be respected because of anything else and demand it.. Now that I don't understand.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 6:19 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 2, 2013 at 6:18 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Kayenneh - April 3, 2013 at 5:46 pm
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 4, 2013 at 7:16 am
RE: Joking vs mockery, respect or disrespect? - by Nine - April 4, 2013 at 8:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck the word "respect". Brian37 31 5428 September 5, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Respect in the face of ignorance? Napoléon 35 9737 September 10, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: bozo