Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck the word "respect".
Fuck the word "respect".
If I read or hear the word "respect" one more fucking time I am going to go on a killing spree(not really but I hate that word)......Here is why.

It is an abused word, and way more often than not is simply a form of passive aggressive way of protecting one's ego rather than face a challenge to one's positions. It is a way for someone in power to say "know your place", or "I am too insecure to consider I might be wrong".

Now do not get me wrong. I am NOT advocating the right to be a dick in every situation 100% of ones waking life. I am saying the word is used way to much to set up taboos to avoid critical thinking.

I refuse to use that word. I use the word "value" instead. I want my positions to be valued because they are factual. If my position is not factual but I insist on keeping them anyway, I am precluding myself from discarding bad data in favor of facts. I am not going to value feeling good and fear of being wrong. To do so prevents me from growing intellectually.

It is nothing to go through life protecting one's ego for the sake of protecting one's ego. That is not a matter of human rights, nor does that mean humans have the right to be cruel to each other. It just is a challenge to everyone to not fear being wrong. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.
RE: Fuck the word "respect".
I see respect as an interpersonal dynamic, and not as a way to approach someone's views. Views get consideration, and either agreement or disagreement as a result. The people who hold those views gain or lose respect based on a number of factors.

I give everyone a basic amount of respect based on the principle of "benefit of the doubt", but withdraw it from people who don't understand that respect still must be earned.

When it comes to stupid beliefs tolerate is as far as I go.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 4, 2014 at 8:36 am)Brian37 Wrote: If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.
I miss the cave days Undecided
Most fuckheads who demand respect do not deserve it.

Which brings us back to religion.
Over here in the catholic part of europe, some people that do not know me very well, will say something like you must respect people's beliefs. Let's just say that it's a good thing they don't burn people anymore or I would be extra crispy by now.
Quote:We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
— H L Mencken
I have always respected the word 'fuck'.

Close enough ???
From my perspective, respect has to be earned. It is not something to be freely given to just anyone for the sake of social propriety.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I think the problem is that most people confuse respect with common courtesy. In general you should (in my humble opinion Wink ) try to be courteous to everyone, but you should only respect those who have earned it.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the fuck even is my life Ahriman 30 1384 August 27, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Any word from Zilla Sama? Foxaèr 17 1369 May 5, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  [Serious] Singing the N-word Foxaèr 98 5476 November 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2249 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Your one word identity Foxaèr 52 6286 September 6, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  When The Ever-Loving Fuck Did THIS Become Acceptable?? BrianSoddingBoru4 40 4572 July 17, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker and Tits Fireball 12 1898 March 17, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1365 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  For All You Word Lovers: You Gotta Adore This One: Copacetic Rhondazvous 17 2220 December 20, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Type your favorite english word ErGingerbreadMandude 52 4929 December 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady