Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:49 pm

Poll: I should have added more pictures.
This poll is closed.
Nah, it detracts from game-time, i mean it must have taken you like 2 hours to write that shit.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Definitely. Too many words! I CAN'T FOCUS ON THIS SHIT! And what is with that format?! DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT FORMAT, YOU FUCKING ENGLISH PEDANT?! Angry
14.29%
1 14.29%
I'm not actually sure what this is. I might have the reading comprehension of a snail, I may have clicked this thread by accident, or 'it's complicated'. (This is the Blueberries option).
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm playing Dark Cloud
RE: So I'm playing Dark Cloud
That copy-paste from shoutbox Dodgy

Tiger Just a random excerpt of me almost immediately after doing something that ended up being difficult Smile

7th October 2013, 17:42 Violet Lilly Blossom » I feel oddly... proud.

7th October 2013, 17:43 Violet Lilly Blossom » I managed to down minotaur joe on my first attempt, without prior knowledge of how to do it. Why am I proud, you ask?

7th October 2013, 17:45 Violet Lilly Blossom » Because Osmond died right quick, and i figured out 'the basic mechanic' with Xiao right before she died. Goro also got dropped trying to pull his combo and abuse the invulnerablity window. Word to the wise: stamina'd minotaur is fucking painful

7th October 2013, 17:46 Violet Lilly Blossom » And even then, as I desperately swapped between Ruby and Toan, just struggling to evade his attacks... I was losing. Ruby got hit and dropped below half-health, and all but one of my eight premium chickens were gone... which is when I came across an effective strategy.

7th October 2013, 17:49 Violet Lilly Blossom » Do NOT lock on (with toan). Feather run past him, then slice at his back with your sword (while he's still in the 'recoil window' from his attack). That part was the easy bit to figure out... >_> However, he was still catching me with an errant ability or two due to my poor positioning.*

7th October 2013, 17:51 Violet Lilly Blossom » That's when I discovered, with absolutely zero healing items remaining, and no more stand-in powder, that you could continue to damage him when he's in his 'imma pansy' routine. He can respond with some violence after a few swings if you're not careful... but I finally downed him Smile Toan had ~40 HP TT__TT

7th October 2013, 17:53 Violet Lilly Blossom » So... saving. If i'm not mistaken, sticking the sunstonythingy into the giant triggers a really tough duel... and I'm not sure if I have any fights when i get to the castle of dark heaven. Be prepared, boys. Smile

Violet Lilly Blossom » Every new iteration of enemies seems to really tighten up their windows, and shore up their monster-class's previous weaknesses. I could dance around the enemies in the divine beast cave, wise owl forrest, and temple of the sun and moon. The moon sea was sweet though... and a little short. Here's hoping for a serious spike in difficulty in the gallery of time and demon shaft Big Grin

I've never beaten the dark genie (real), I think I previously gave up at the undodgeable sneeze attack I tried forever to dodge (invuln windows just aren't close to long enough). I'm sure it'll be an exciting fight, regardless Smile

*and my attempting to trigger his over-the-head axe attack.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Messages In This Thread
So I'm playing Dark Cloud - by Violet - October 1, 2013 at 1:19 pm
RE: So I'm playing Dark Cloud - by Aegrus - October 6, 2013 at 6:49 am
RE: So I'm playing Dark Cloud - by Violet - October 7, 2013 at 10:01 pm
RE: So I'm playing Dark Cloud - by Violet - October 8, 2013 at 3:04 pm
RE: So I'm playing Dark Cloud - by Violet - October 8, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are you all playing right now? Mechaghostman2 1415 118512 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Fire Emblem Three Houses: Anyone else playing it? Cecelia 0 442 August 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Moms playing Fortnite John V 8 850 August 18, 2018 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Anyone playing PUBG? John V 1 473 July 27, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2252 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Wink What do you plan on playing this year? Macoleco 7 1641 April 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  The art of not playing games Silent Snob 24 5211 March 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2763 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  What are you currently playing? Shell B 27 4144 October 31, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are you playing right now? Bob Kelso 52 7268 November 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet