Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we "save the world"?
RE: Can we "save the world"?
(January 20, 2014 at 7:52 pm)MrAtheist Wrote: In America the first amendment states "Congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;". So why is it that, for example, the Mississippi State Constitution. Article 14 states "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."? The states of Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas have some section in their state constitutions stating people without belief in a "Supreme Being" cannot hold office within those states? Here comes the activism part of this thread, it would be very great to get such sections in these constitutions amended. These can be amended when a federal court declares that part of a state's constitution is unconstitutional and can be removed or nulled. So to my friends in those states, I urge of you to work towards making the political arena of America a little more even.

Meh, I could care less about shit like this. That's not because I'm not American, I just think the whole political system is way more fucked up than one relatively minor thing like you brought up. I think if we are to 'change the world' as a species, we need some kind of revolution. Something big certainly needs to happen to have the kind of change you are talking about. In my humble opinion though, the world is filled with way too many stupid people for us to really do anything to 'save ourselves'. I don't mean that in an offensive way, but we as a species need some kind of massive idealogical shift if we are to change the current path we are walking down.

My 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
Can we "save the world"? - by MrAtheist - January 20, 2014 at 7:52 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Nine - January 20, 2014 at 8:25 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Zen Badger - January 21, 2014 at 6:04 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Rev. Rye - January 20, 2014 at 8:27 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by KichigaiNeko - January 21, 2014 at 8:57 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Violet - January 21, 2014 at 7:27 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Minimalist - January 21, 2014 at 7:29 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Cyberman - January 21, 2014 at 7:51 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Simon Moon - January 21, 2014 at 8:12 pm
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Angrboda - January 22, 2014 at 2:02 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Napoléon - January 22, 2014 at 8:24 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Lemonvariable72 - January 22, 2014 at 11:28 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by MrAtheist - January 22, 2014 at 10:30 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Mudhammam - January 22, 2014 at 11:00 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by Mister Agenda - January 22, 2014 at 11:37 am
RE: Can we "save the world"? - by geeohdee - January 22, 2014 at 11:46 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Human First: A Campaign To Save A Life Mudhammam 0 596 February 24, 2017 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam