Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you willing to do for Bryan Fischer?
RE: What are you willing to do for Bryan Fischer?
(May 21, 2014 at 4:14 pm)Zidneya Wrote:
(May 21, 2014 at 1:32 pm)Coffee Jesus Wrote: If our worldview really is superior, we shouldn't have to promote it by killing our opponents. Pragmatic ethics is my ultimate moral paradigm, and this metaethical theory tells me that it's counterproductive to kill people for holding different viewpoints.

So that's why you would save him? To feel superior?(A hard accusation I know but to be honest I don't think that I didn't misinterpreted what you said did I?) And another question what is more counterproductive? Kill people that hold different viewpoints? Or helping people that hold different viewpoints?

No, I would save him because I'm not so certain of my beliefs that I'm willing to kill my opponents. Pragmatic ethics emphasizes inquiry, and while he may be prejudiced and uncompromising on a trite issue, he has to be free to make his case or else we cannot claim to embrace free inquiry. If I refuse to save him because of his beliefs, then I am discriminating against him on the basis of his beliefs, and such discrimination is counterproductive to free inquiry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you willing to do for Bryan Fischer? - by Coffee Jesus - May 21, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Some thoughts I felt compelled to share with anyone willing to listen, entheogen 22 2938 September 17, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: entheogen