Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some thoughts I felt compelled to share with anyone willing to listen,
Lightbulb 
Some thoughts I felt compelled to share with anyone willing to listen,
Dear Sentient Being willing to read the following,

if you'll grant me a moment of your precious time, I am compelled to share with you a thought that has been gnawing away at my mind for the better half of my life.

With every fiber of my being do I believe that it is high time for the silent majorities of this world to step forward and begin pointing out truths however unpleasant they may be to be made aware of.

The time has come to stop patting ourselves on our collectiv(ist) backs with self-serving platitudes and at the very least begin pointing out the worst sides of our nature. The better the lighting, the easier the source of an issue can be determined and brought under control where it belongs. It is time to stop remaining silent, as if guilt-stricken for some known reason. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" is a sentiment I find myself subscribing to rather ubiquitously these days. The Ears have Walls don't you know..?

Using easily recognizable signs and communication to hold certain creature's noses into the mess of their own making until they comprehend this sort of attitude will no longer be tolerated here. Surely you have housebroken pets before and you know full well what I'm talking about. The combination of tar an feathers never ceases to worm its way into mind...

There is a time and place for everything. If you plan on becoming patient 0 of a brand-spanking-new and particularly virulent form of plague by routinely filling the basement of our building with any all sorts of the most revolting waste the food industry can summon from our nightmares, perhaps a civilized neighborhood is not the right place for you or your ilk: your welcome among us is lessening with each inconsiderate act we witness.

Please bear in mind: many of you are guests we welcomed with open arms, only to find you voiding your bowels on the accomplishments of our culture, our ancestors... Quite literally spitting on the graves of your host's ancestors... In what human society is such behavior encouraged or even tolerated, pray tell..?

The German State lacking the ability and/or will to enforce the standards of civilized surroundings we grew up with and got used to, leaving the remaining locals to fend for ourselves and make their own justice, I shall at the very least do my very best to make as many people as possible aware of the issue; by repeatedly declaring the basement area a Bio-hazard zone signposting accordingly until the sorely needed lesson sinks-in or I run out of money for paper and ink... This is after all the Age of Information.

The light of truth remains our most formidable weapon against chaos! So in remembrance, reverence and respect of all the sacrifices we have had to make to get where we now are... For humanity's sake, let us focus the searchlights of our considerable combined intellects on our faults in order to better ourselves as a species, not to merely lose ourselves in the ultimately futile pursuit of passing fancies.

For the future of our what yet remains of our (admittedly somewhat decadent) civilization! Perfection may forever dwell in realms inaccessible to us, but the pursuit alone is worth striving for. The pursuit of something as eternal as perfection makes us all but immortal our very selves! Who doesn't a enjoy a good game of chase? Stand up for your right to reason and sentience! Let us not unnecessarily dwell upon uncertainties regarding trifles such as religious, sexual, racial, whatever difference/preference you chose to get your panties in a knot over this time around... Pick one and let's power through it ensemble! There's still much more work to do and crucial matters jonesing for our attention. Let us not fade silently into the void as yet another evolutionary cul-de-sac...

There is no such thing as Heaven, Hell, Paradise or any other similar holy vegetable patch (I can think of an exception right there actualy... A rather Entish place I hear rumors of when then silence of the summer evenings take hold and the river is but a whisper...) but the one we create ourselves. Here. Now. Reap what you sow and give thanks and praise to the truly almighty and ubiquitous cosmos that will always ensure a state of balance until time folds back in upon itself. For what content may ever surpass its container..? If an entity such god exists, then it exists within the cosmos and is as subject to its laws and whims as are we. So I've recently taken up the habit of thanking the cosmos whenever I notice a positive change. I fold my hands as if in prayer and chant: "Arigato Gosaimasu Ushüu-sama!". As the air we breathe, the water we drink, the environment and all other earthly resources we all share a fear, respect and deeply rooted curiosity for the inevitable end of our lives and what may or may not follow thereafter...

Should these many common traits and desires not represent sufficient grounds for us all to coexist and cooperate with the shared intention to improve all of our lives, we do not deserve to colonize the stars as a species. We fight over the few remaining earthly resources like starving animals we used to (rightfully) consider ourselves so superior to. Please. Break the silence. In order to evolve, we must work as an organism to fight the cancer of political correctness, superstitions, redundant notions of equality. We are not all of us the same and give thanks and praise to cosmos for that as well! Keep it constructive and there is no end to what we can accomplish.

Thank you for your patient attention,

@
RE: Some thoughts I felt compelled to share with anyone willing to listen,
Hi!
We should all strive for peace. But sadly it doesn't happen. How about an introduction thread?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 14, 2018 at 7:39 pm)Joods Wrote: Hi!
We should all strive for peace. But sadly it doesn't happen. How about an introduction thread?

Certainly! I suppose that was a tad much for a first post. I'll get right on that, but where to start...
You already started. Just give us an intro thread in the intro sub forum Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
A rather odd missive for someone calling themselves "entheogen."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 14, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: A rather odd missive for someone calling themselves "entheogen."

I was thinking it is an appropriate fit. Just trying to put my finger on which one based on the text.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 14, 2018 at 9:19 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(September 14, 2018 at 9:10 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: A rather odd missive for someone calling themselves "entheogen."

I was thinking it is an appropriate fit. Just trying to put my finger on which one based on the text.

"Conniption."
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 14, 2018 at 6:54 pm)entheogen Wrote: Dear Sentient Being willing to read the following,

if you'll grant me a moment of your precious time, I am compelled to share with you a thought that has been gnawing away at my mind for the better half of my life.

With every fiber of my being do I believe that it is high time for the silent majorities of this world to step forward and begin pointing out truths however unpleasant they may be to be made aware of.

The time has come to stop patting ourselves on our collectiv(ist) backs with self-serving platitudes and at the very least begin pointing out the worst sides of our nature. The better the lighting, the easier the source of an issue can be determined and brought under control where it belongs. It is time to stop remaining silent, as if guilt-stricken for some known reason. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" is a sentiment I find myself subscribing to rather ubiquitously these days. The Ears have Walls don't you know..?

Using easily recognizable signs and communication to hold certain creature's noses into the mess of their own making until they comprehend this sort of attitude will no longer be tolerated here. Surely you have housebroken pets before and you know full well what I'm talking about. The combination of tar an feathers never ceases to worm its way into mind...

There is a time and place for everything. If you plan on becoming patient 0 of a brand-spanking-new and particularly virulent form of plague by routinely filling the basement of our building with any all sorts of the most revolting waste the food industry can summon from our nightmares, perhaps a civilized neighborhood is not the right place for you or your ilk: your welcome among us is lessening with each inconsiderate act we witness.

Please bear in mind: many of you are guests we welcomed with open arms, only to find you voiding your bowels on the accomplishments of our culture, our ancestors... Quite literally spitting on the graves of your host's ancestors... In what human society is such behavior encouraged or even tolerated, pray tell..?

The German State lacking the ability and/or will to enforce the standards of civilized surroundings we grew up with and got used to, leaving the remaining locals to fend for ourselves and make their own justice, I shall at the very least do my very best to make as many people as possible aware of the issue; by repeatedly declaring the basement area a Bio-hazard zone signposting accordingly until the sorely needed lesson sinks-in or I run out of money for paper and ink... This is after all the Age of Information.

The light of truth remains our most formidable weapon against chaos! So in remembrance, reverence and respect of all the sacrifices we have had to make to get where we now are... For humanity's sake, let us focus the searchlights of our considerable combined intellects on our faults in order to better ourselves as a species, not to merely lose ourselves in the ultimately futile pursuit of passing fancies.

For the future of our what yet remains of our (admittedly somewhat decadent) civilization! Perfection may forever dwell in realms inaccessible to us, but the pursuit alone is worth striving for. The pursuit of something as eternal as perfection makes us all but immortal our very selves! Who doesn't a enjoy a good game of chase? Stand up for your right to reason and sentience! Let us not unnecessarily dwell upon uncertainties regarding trifles such as religious, sexual, racial, whatever difference/preference you chose to get your panties in a knot over this time around... Pick one and let's power through it ensemble! There's still much more work to do and crucial matters jonesing for our attention. Let us not fade silently into the void as yet another evolutionary cul-de-sac...

There is no such thing as Heaven, Hell, Paradise or any other similar holy vegetable patch (I can think of an exception right there actualy... A rather Entish place I hear rumors of when then silence of the summer evenings take hold and the river is but a whisper...) but the one we create ourselves. Here. Now. Reap what you sow and give thanks and praise to the truly almighty and ubiquitous cosmos that will always ensure a state of balance until time folds back in upon itself. For what content may ever surpass its container..? If an entity such god exists, then it exists within the cosmos and is as subject to its laws and whims as are we. So I've recently taken up the habit of thanking the cosmos whenever I notice a positive change. I fold my hands as if in prayer and chant: "Arigato Gosaimasu Ushüu-sama!". As the air we breathe, the water we drink, the environment and all other earthly resources we all share a fear, respect and deeply rooted curiosity for the inevitable end of our lives and what may or may not follow thereafter...

Should these many common traits and desires not represent sufficient grounds for us all to coexist and cooperate with the shared intention to improve all of our lives, we do not deserve to colonize the stars as a species. We fight over the few remaining earthly resources like starving animals we used to (rightfully) consider ourselves so superior to. Please. Break the silence. In order to evolve, we must work as an organism to fight the cancer of political correctness, superstitions, redundant notions of equality. We are not all of us the same and give thanks and praise to cosmos for that as well! Keep it constructive and there is no end to what we can accomplish.

@

I would not assume my attention was patient!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(September 14, 2018 at 9:36 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(September 14, 2018 at 6:54 pm)entheogen Wrote: Dear Sentient Being willing to read the following,

@

I would not assume my attention was patient!

Rest assured, my silent study might yet yield more such compositions that might also be to your liking once in a blue moon! Smile 
For Chaos and Ignorance shall forever reign supreme while Good, Rational people remain passive to the point of not even communicating the issues that worm their way through our civilization, ever gorging on our placidity.
Have people been giving away free thesaurus recently?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1162 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Thoughts of Reason Foxaèr 22 1640 October 25, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Sal
  How our thoughts are formed? givepeaceachance 29 4136 May 24, 2018 at 5:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My thoughts on the Hard problem of consciousness Won2blv 36 5452 February 15, 2017 at 7:27 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thoughts RozKek 17 2454 April 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ethics Class Homework Assignments: Critiques, Thoughts... Thanks! Mudhammam 6 2615 July 5, 2015 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  describing the "collaboration" of parts; thoughts on spacetime Coffee Jesus 2 854 May 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  What are you willing to do for Bryan Fischer? Zidneya 35 5468 May 22, 2014 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Cato
  The Problem of Imperfect Revelation: Your Thoughts? MindForgedManacle 144 40170 September 29, 2013 at 11:52 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Thoughts on next video... DeistPaladin 40 17315 April 5, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger