Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's not delivery, it's insensitive.
It's not delivery, it's insensitive.
Twitter is a place for complex debates about important topics. It's also a place for brands to shamelessly self-promote. On Monday, these two functions collided in a terrible way.

DiGiorno Pizza, in a bafflingly tone-deaf tweet, used the hashtag "#WhyIStayed" to suggest that you might "stay" somewhere for pizza. Carelessly, it didn't notice that the hashtag is currently being used for people to hold a conversation about domestic violence and share stories of surviving abuse, in the wake of a new video showing NFL star Ray Rice's vicious attack on his then-fiancee Janay Palmer.

The social-media team at DiGiorno apparently saw #WhyIStayed trending and figured it would be a good time to plug for frozen pizza, without checking the hashtag's meaning. Whoops.

Read more here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/09...90504.html
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Messages In This Thread
It's not delivery, it's insensitive. - by StealthySkeptic - September 9, 2014 at 4:07 pm
RE: It's not delivery, it's insensitive. - by Jackalope - September 9, 2014 at 4:19 pm
RE: It's not delivery, it's insensitive. - by StealthySkeptic - September 9, 2014 at 5:26 pm
RE: It's not delivery, it's insensitive. - by Exian - September 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 injured, 3 dead in delivery van attack in Germany Joods 31 2842 April 9, 2018 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  So Because Trumps A Insensitive Dick Americans Have To Suffer Amarok 9 2555 September 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist