Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel Rooms and Toxic Waste (Bibles, BoM, etc)
RE: Hotel Rooms and Toxic Waste (Bibles, BoM, etc)
(October 7, 2014 at 3:21 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote:

I agree with putting fun stickers on them, but not with throwing them out. If you gave me a Qu'ran for free I'd be grateful and I'd probably read it. Doesn't mean I'd become a Muslim. I can't possibly see how giving out free Bible is such a bad thing - it allows people to read it themselves - if they want to - free from any religious obligations.

(October 7, 2014 at 3:29 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I think it's a one-off. It's a lodge in Tahoe. There are a lot of churches around here too.
They're not put in by Churches, they're put in by the Gideons or groups similar to them. That's why they do not have any references in them to church service times, etc. It's just the book, it's not a church invitation.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hotel Rooms and Toxic Waste (Bibles, BoM, etc) - by Chas - October 14, 2014 at 8:49 am
RE: Hotel Rooms and Toxic Waste (Bibles, BoM, etc) - by Aractus - October 15, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15828 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Life's meaning when you are an atheist - reality, struggle, etc. bussta33 11 4381 December 11, 2015 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christian poster to an Atheist "You are a waste of a life" MJ the Skeptical 52 10843 July 22, 2014 at 3:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Bibles in school TromboneAtheist 24 7983 May 4, 2013 at 11:35 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Family christenings, weddings etc Intimae_Hasta 15 6253 August 9, 2010 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Super Cynic
  'Not labeling ourselves' Vs 'Bright' Vs just plain good old 'Atheist', etc. Edwardo Piet 21 10021 May 14, 2009 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki