Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered.
Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/15/sports....html?_r=0

I'm amazed at the attention that this has gotten. Normally climbing never gets any press from the mainstream media. The president himself congratulated Tommy and Kevin on their amazing ascent of the Dawn Wall. It's probably hard for non climbers to envision how difficult and what an incredible athletic feat what they did is. It's also rather touching how the country has gotten behind a project that the climbing world has been behind for years.

I'm going to throw out a wild guess that I'm the only member of these forums to have climbed El Capitan (on a much easier route in a much easier style) If anybody has questions or comments about the ascent, I'm your man.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. - by CapnAwesome - January 15, 2015 at 9:39 pm
RE: Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. - by helyott - January 17, 2015 at 5:47 pm
RE: Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. - by helyott - January 19, 2015 at 4:26 pm
RE: Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. - by Exian - January 17, 2015 at 6:28 pm
RE: Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. - by Violet - January 17, 2015 at 7:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock Climbing Photos CapnAwesome 17 3309 September 27, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome