Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Climbing Photos
Rock Climbing Photos
Rock climbing is badass. Nothing compares to it. It's the ultimate combination of an extremely mental, physical and technical sport. I climb full time and other than that don't do shit. It's awesome, just like me. Here are a few photos of me doing the greatest sport in the world.

Canyonlands, near Moab, Utah
[Image: 35lytyc.jpg]

Rocktown, Lafayette, Georga

[Image: 285659_500238183346234_1480774263_n.jpg?...c03abde174]

Valle Cochamo, Chile

[Image: 534126_461373537232699_1626564048_n.jpg?...92d1bd0d72]

Baraloche, Agentina

[Image: 402102_10151303232000032_1542597319_n.jp...345cd0b03a]

Red River Gorge, Kentucky

[Image: 922887_524854267551292_220431383_n.jpg?o...7838dd82f7]

Culo de Gato, Mexico

[Image: 222784_215170071836249_2237762_n.jpg?oh=...11b8e91ce3]

Bishop, California

[Image: 1915800_583396771446_2920836_n.jpg?oh=23...e=548310AF]
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Rock Climbing Photos
Is that cliff really named Cat's Ass?
(September 23, 2014 at 3:19 am)Zack Wrote: Is that cliff really named Cat's Ass?

Yep, there is a cave there that supposedly resembles a cat's ass.
Hai capt'n...those pics are AWESOME! Big Grin

Seriously, that is bad ass. How brave of you!
I've been to INDOOR rock climbing, that's the extent of it. lol

Thanks for sharing!!

where do you fasten the ropes and how do you KNOW without any doubts that you won't fall? Blush
Very cool.

But screw that.

I'll skydive but I won't rock climb.
Dying to live, living to die.
I would need the protection of Jesus before I'd do that.
Does it in style too, pimpin that badass hat.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I love free climbing but I'm too, um, not-lean for that now. I still enjoy repelling vertical faces though. Great pics!
(September 23, 2014 at 2:55 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Hai capt'n...those pics are AWESOME! Big Grin

Seriously, that is bad ass. How brave of you!
I've been to INDOOR rock climbing, that's the extent of it. lol

Thanks for sharing!!

where do you fasten the ropes and how do you KNOW without any doubts that you won't fall? Blush

Thanks Deidre! You fasten your rope to a harness that goes around your waist and legs. There are loops that you tie a very secure knot too. Also when I climb with a rope I do fall, fairly often actually. The ropes and other equipment today is pretty good. The rope stretches and makes for what we call a 'soft catch' That is to say that it doesn't really impact your body. A little bit like a less stretchy bungee cord. That's not to say it's not scary. Although you can kind of get used to falling at heights you have to constantly remind yourself that you aren't going to die if you fall, because it's kind of an unnatural feeling. Also there is always a chance that you are going to hit a ledge or something on the way down, although normally you are aware of that type of danger. Indoor rock climbing is fun too. A good way to stay fit and be social.
I would expect rock climbers to use gloves, but you do it bare handed? How do you even have skin on the front anymore?

I like climbing, but I'd rather climb trees or something. Things with places I can really wrap my hands around, and something to catch me if I fall. If only pine trees had low branches. They tend to just grow them on the upper third.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climbing paulpablo 17 1727 November 5, 2022 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Member Yoga Photos/Poses Shell B 98 10961 January 26, 2018 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hardest Rock Climb in the world conquered. CapnAwesome 12 3069 January 19, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: helyott