Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud of my state for once!
RE: Proud of my state for once!
(October 7, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Make sure you visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.  It is said to have the finest collection of Chinese art anywhere in the world outside of China.  And from visiting art galleries in other cities, I think that may be true.  Their Caravaggio is nice, too.  It is a much better art gallery than one should expect to find in a cow town.

I lived for almost four years just 30 miles from Kansas City. 

The NAMA is amazing, I agree. The city's fountains are also pretty amazing; according to city promoters, they have the highest number of statue-fountains of any city but Rome, Italy.

I don't wish to live permanently in KC, but it's the best thing in this part of the country, other than Chicago. And just like Chicago, it's a great city overall but is located in a terrible, redneck-infested locale that somewhat diminishes its potential awesomeness due to the laws and attitudes of the state(s) in which it is located. Undecided
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Messages In This Thread
Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 6, 2015 at 9:32 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by The Valkyrie - October 6, 2015 at 9:35 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Edwardo Piet - October 6, 2015 at 9:54 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by vorlon13 - October 6, 2015 at 10:18 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 6, 2015 at 11:35 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 7, 2015 at 10:17 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:05 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Pyrrho - October 7, 2015 at 11:12 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:33 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Ayen - October 7, 2015 at 11:44 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 7, 2015 at 11:51 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 8, 2015 at 10:17 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Pyrrho - October 7, 2015 at 11:50 pm
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by TheRocketSurgeon - October 8, 2015 at 12:06 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Thumpalumpacus - October 8, 2015 at 1:41 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by drfuzzy - October 8, 2015 at 10:19 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by houseofcantor - October 8, 2015 at 3:59 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by Violet - October 8, 2015 at 2:53 am
RE: Proud of my state for once! - by robvalue - October 8, 2015 at 4:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington state suing olong with other ass backward states binny 0 1443 March 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: binny