Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 2:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders?
RE: Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders?
Eh, the handling of classified information is in itself an important thing to get right.  It's not about blackmail (although that is a small risk), it's about information security.  Maintaining your own server is difficult enough when you're not the most powerful woman on the planet.  Cloud backups are risky from an infosec POV.  Not only do you need to ensure the connection is secure, you need to ensure that the cloud storage itself is compliant with whatever security requirements (in terms of the hardware, software, and people with access to both) are necessary by law.  The more distributed and complex the solution is, the more that can go wrong.  So, her choice shows a concerning lack of understanding or care about potentially classified information which I find troubling.

Moreover, if she broke the law, she should be punished in accordance to that law.  It doesn't matter if 'everyone else does it' or if she didn't do it intentionally.  Laypeople get punished for things they see others doing, or for things they didn't realize were illegal all the time.  I don't see why she should be different, if she did indeed break the law.

I don't care about Benghazi.  I think it was handled sloppily by the Obama administration from a PR perspective in the days immediately following it, but it's completely overblown.  We suffered attacks on our embassies all throughout the Bush era and no one batted an eye.  What I care about is whether or not one of our elected officials, through a combination of stubbornness and ignorance, unwittingly compromised classified information, and if that's indeed the case, if she is treated as being above the law (as is the case with most politicians and celebrities, and part of the problem) or not.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Romanian hacker Guccifer just handed the nomination to Senator Sanders? - by KevinM1 - May 6, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 682 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 636 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1322 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Will Trump be Ambushed for 2020 Nomination? Yonadav 19 2254 January 22, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1062 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bernie Sanders' "Medicare for All" plan is really expensive over a 10-year period.... Aegon 40 4633 September 22, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2385 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2174 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1812 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bernie Sanders vs. Karl Marx Mechaghostman2 4 1983 September 1, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37