Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 5:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madonna-Whore complex
Madonna-Whore complex
I'd like to know what you all think is the psychological cause of madonna-whore complex, and if anyone here has it, can you maybe elaborate on what you think caused it and how your upbringing was and/or how your mom was and maybe how your dad treated your mother.

Based on my own thoughts, I seem to think that it would be caused by the fathers behaviour, where nutty Freud seems to think its a mommy issue.

It's obviously a learned dysfunctional behaviour deeply rooted in some cultures. I feel sorry for men who have this, they probably miss out on the potential for a happy love life from this complex rather than just finding someone best suited to their personalities and being content with having it all.

My x had this problem which is common in his culture. He could never resolve to the fact that I was both "wifey material" and "sexy" and he would always tell me that I was too good to be true. I feel sorry for him and what he lost because aside from his unbearable insecurities, we were very compatible. He was very insecure though. Does this complex only happen to insecure men ? Is the acute discomfort they feel when trying to integrate a womans sexuality with her wifey abilities simply a subconscious fear of being cheated on and they have been led to believe that the chances are minimized with the madonna?

I think the irony of it is that people are most likely to cheat when they are feeling emotionally and /or sexually unfulfilled which is exactly what the husband with the syndrome does to his wife, and then leads to the wives resentment which ultimately results in cheating.

How do some men not realize that its sort of a self fulfilling prophesy. Also is it engrained so deeply that a man never grows out of it? And are men who have it aware that they have it and do they see it as normal or as a problem?

Messages In This Thread
Madonna-Whore complex - by Dust_bunny - June 27, 2016 at 4:36 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Little lunch - June 27, 2016 at 8:14 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Exian - June 27, 2016 at 8:24 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by bennyboy - June 27, 2016 at 8:28 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Little lunch - June 27, 2016 at 8:36 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by bennyboy - June 27, 2016 at 11:55 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by The Grand Nudger - June 27, 2016 at 9:23 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Gawdzilla - June 27, 2016 at 9:51 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by bennyboy - June 27, 2016 at 11:57 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Dust_bunny - June 27, 2016 at 12:35 pm
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Grandizer - June 27, 2016 at 10:22 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by brewer - June 27, 2016 at 10:52 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Alex K - June 28, 2016 at 5:34 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by ignoramus - June 28, 2016 at 5:22 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Dust_bunny - June 28, 2016 at 7:03 am
RE: Madonna-Whore complex - by Alex K - June 28, 2016 at 5:27 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurdity of the idea that a complex lifeform could be designed?!?! Duty 24 1766 October 7, 2021 at 4:28 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  The return of the the complex organic molecules! ScienceAf 0 494 September 15, 2016 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Does anyone know about vitamin B complex Joods 8 1107 September 13, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Scientists: 100 million worlds may have complex alien life in our galaxy pocaracas 14 5267 June 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13