Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting for god(s)
Fighting for god(s)
Hi

Hope you all are having a good day Smile.I want to share my opinon and story about one thing.When i was younger i was always fascinated with history.And one day in our history lesson we where learning about crusades in Baltic region.I read with excitment how my ancestors fought with these invaders, they didn't wanted to give away they land and their faith.Baltic tribes were pagans, and believed in many many gods.They were very religious and spiritual.They even were last pagans in Europe (google it).But after long and hard fighting with crusaders, they accepted christianity and become catholic nation (in theory, many people still believed in ancient gods, only king became catholic).Centuries has passed and Baltic region people slowly accepted this new faith.And then i thought to myself, wait a minute.We fought so strongly for our old pagan gods, but now people are doing the same.The means of fighting has changed of course, but still many many people believe in Christian god, and they believe in it very strongly.

Then i asked my history teacher one question ( who was christian by the way) i remember it precisely even today:,,Teacher our ancestors, fought for they believed what was right, and those people couldn't accept even the notion that christian god is right god, so why we are sure now that this god is right? My teacher could't answer that.When lesson was over, he asked me to stay and said how i even come up with this idea?

I explained to him that from my experience people today pray for this god (especially older people), they even build huge wooden crosses in their backyards (mostly in villages) They are too very religious and wouldn't give their faith, for any new god.And in ancient times we did the same, we prayed for gods, we bringed them sacrifices, and build monuments for them,and we didn't accepted new god, because whe knew that gods we were believeing were right gods.Why are we so sure now that this god is right one?

He sitted in silence, i saw his eyes were questioning.I was only in 6 or 7 grade.He then said that we have prove of god, the holly bible.At the time i didn't even read the bible and my parents said that bible is truth, so i believed in his conclusion.

Now i want to ask you dear christians why are you so sure that your god is only one right god? What if hypothetically speaking in world would born a new religion and everyone started to converting to it, how would you know that you are right and they are wrong? (I also don't want to disrespect anyone, but please be very open minded)
If you think your afterlife will be better than your current life, you're not really living.You're just waiting to die.

Messages In This Thread
Fighting for god(s) - by Torin - August 14, 2016 at 5:39 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by RoadRunner79 - August 14, 2016 at 9:29 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by mlmooney89 - August 17, 2016 at 11:28 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by RoadRunner79 - August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by mlmooney89 - August 17, 2016 at 5:15 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Torin - August 17, 2016 at 4:34 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Drich - August 17, 2016 at 9:03 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Aoi Magi - August 17, 2016 at 9:14 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by KevinM1 - August 17, 2016 at 10:08 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Drich - August 17, 2016 at 10:56 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Aoi Magi - August 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Drich - August 22, 2016 at 1:22 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Aoi Magi - August 22, 2016 at 1:37 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Neo-Scholastic - August 17, 2016 at 2:29 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Aoi Magi - August 17, 2016 at 2:50 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Little lunch - August 17, 2016 at 9:38 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Chad32 - August 17, 2016 at 10:17 am
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by robvalue - August 17, 2016 at 12:03 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by Aoi Magi - August 17, 2016 at 12:58 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by The Grand Nudger - August 17, 2016 at 2:31 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by purplepurpose - August 17, 2016 at 2:48 pm
RE: Fighting for god(s) - by The Grand Nudger - August 17, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12473 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6706 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad