Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??...
(September 9, 2010 at 8:45 pm)solja247 Wrote: However, when most Atheists enter the relam of theology, they commit the straw man fallacy, eg. 'I dont worship an invisible sky daddy.'
'faith is blind, to have evidence is contrary to faith.' These claims can appear to dismantle Theism, but they dont...
Although, I agree with you, dont believe what anyone says, research research research!

first of all by definition, faith= belief without evidence. if there was evidence one wouldn't need faith.

actually that's what christians do. In arguements with theists (I've watched many an episode of "the atheist experience") this usually goes that at first theists try to present evidence (usually they try to portray the bible as evidence) and once that gets debunked they fall back to "ahah! I have faith can't touch that!" and indeed we can't, and indeed you loose the argument cause if your argument is "I have faith" then I can't really say anything that could on an intellectual level challenge that.

Quote:Can you prove to me that 2 + 2 = 4 and always will?

Contrary to the previous poster I DON"t think I can prove that. Indeed there are many situations where it might not equal 4 (like dreams or or even maybe universes with differing laws of logic). However, for the purposes of everyday life it's useful to take for granted/believe/etc that 2+2=4. However, the same cannot be said about the validity of the bible.
Have you found Jesus? If so read "the god dillusion"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thinking about converting, but what if I do go to Hell??... - by yuriythebest - September 10, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prison got me thinking about atheism Reasoned 10 3893 February 12, 2017 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What was I even ever thinking? katiefranco 5 2122 November 18, 2013 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Owlix
  De-converting from Christianity. sarcasticface 17 6430 March 18, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Dawud
Question a slow but sure process towards rational thinking @heist 5 3411 January 9, 2012 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  converting back unto theism - yes it's true. TruthWorthy 101 33650 March 26, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: fr0d0