Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ...
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ...
Boru, yes, that's what normal people should do...

Poca, I'm not a Linux geek by any stretch...
I knew I could make it, soldering, wiring, reading schematics, etc but I wasn't sure if I could get the sw to run.

So I wired it up very roughly, had it hooked up with a nic directly connected to my monitor's HDMI.
Chucked on a spare keyboard, mouse.
Because Bernd Krolla's instructions were step by step, I followed it precisely... If I encountered any incompatible libraries, etc, I would've quickly gone into panic mode. Luckily everything went according to plan.

Just use standard latest rasp OS and install the programs as in the doc files on the website.. No stress.
It was easier than I thought.
PS, the first cheapo USB WiFi from eBay gave me grief, so I bought the wipi, the official pi WiFi adapter and was good to go. What I like the most about this setup is that you use a barebones pi b+. No rtc etc, or anything.
It get's the correct time off the net every time it boots up. Great for after blackouts!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Messages In This Thread
Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by ignoramus - January 17, 2017 at 2:06 am
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by SteelCurtain - January 17, 2017 at 2:13 am
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by brewer - January 17, 2017 at 8:43 am
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by ignoramus - January 17, 2017 at 3:55 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by TheRealJoeFish - January 17, 2017 at 4:18 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by pocaracas - January 17, 2017 at 6:34 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - January 17, 2017 at 6:49 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by ignoramus - January 17, 2017 at 7:02 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by brewer - January 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by ignoramus - January 17, 2017 at 7:54 pm
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by Autumnlicious - January 18, 2017 at 2:48 am
RE: Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... - by ignoramus - January 18, 2017 at 3:28 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does the word "informatics" mean? FlatAssembler 11 1077 August 17, 2023 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal