Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the word "informatics" mean?
What does the word "informatics" mean?
A few years ago, I had the following discussion on another forum (where my nickname is "teo123"):
brimstoneSalad Wrote:
teo123 Wrote:
brimstoneSalad Wrote:You need to study informatics, it will answer your questions.
I am studying computer science.
INFORMATICS teo. The fact that you don't know the difference proves you aren't qualified to discuss this. It's like I told you to study epigenetics and you go on about your high school anatomy class.
And it is still not clear to me what they meant by "informatics" and how it is different from "computer science". Does anybody here know?
RE: What does the word "informatics" mean?
Fuxxake.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Have you already forgotten how to use Google?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 17, 2023 at 3:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Have you already forgotten how to use Google?

Boru

They don't teach them how to Google in uni.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Four damn years ago you asked a question on another forum and now you want an answer from us. Perfect. Just fucking perfect.

The answer is dragons can fly; airplanes can't.

I went to http://www.philosophicalvegan.com and there was no one there.

I conclude that websites don’t exist.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 17, 2023 at 3:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I went to http://www.philosophicalvegan.com and there was no one there.

I conclude that websites don’t exist.

Boru

Hehe

(August 17, 2023 at 3:28 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Four damn years ago you asked a question on another forum and now you want an answer from us.  Perfect.  Just fucking perfect.

The answer is dragons can fly; airplanes can't.

Lighter than air rock crushers.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatics
In the US it's generally the study of how medical information is organized stored and accessed.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
Quote:Informatics is the study of computational systems.[1][2] According to the ACM Europe Council and Informatics Europe, informatics is synonymous with computer science and computing as a profession,[3] in which the central notion is transformation of information.[1][4] In other countries, the term "informatics" is used with a different meaning in the context of library science, in which case it is synonymous with data storage and retrieval.[5]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informatics
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nerdfest 2 ... The Word Clock ... ignoramus 11 1666 January 18, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What does this mean? Joods 28 2134 July 17, 2016 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Joods