Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult
RE: Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult
(October 24, 2017 at 12:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How many passages from it do I have to give you?  What you don't see are the extensive footnoting and bibliography that went into it.  This is not a gospel which pretends to be the word of god.  This is a serious, scholarly, study of stuff which, deep down, I suspect you do not want studied all that closely.

So... give me something to examine more closely!   I keep asking for this, you keeping avoiding it, which seems that it is something that you do not want studied more closely.
And I'm not asking you to copy the book, like some muppet... But lets discuss it.  What is a basic premise in this reasoning?  What are some facts that I can examine?

Although it would seem rather fitting, to just pre-assign Carrier to a type, that went before him, and dismiss him from that.  This would be the same type of reasoning that Carrier is using (which is bad reasoning).
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesusism - Just Another First Century Mystery Cult - by RoadRunner79 - October 24, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  9/11 a "day of destiny" for Germany in the 20th century Deesse23 0 323 November 9, 2018 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  What was the first thread or the first member on Atheistforums.org? Omnicidal 15 2830 January 9, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  The First Century Void Minimalist 232 63028 September 9, 2017 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Millennium/21st Century Newtonscat 7 3392 January 20, 2015 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Newtonscat