Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About The Brand?
What About The Brand?
As I've been watching the slow moving trainwreck that is american politics, I've started to ask a question that's popping up front and center now that midterms are getting close.  Is conservatism dead?  Has the message that the republican party spent decades crafting...regardless of it's truth, been completely shitcanned?  

How will the republican party run on a law and order ticket going forward?

How will the republican party run on a fiscal conservative platform going forward?

How will the republican party run a morality and ethics campaign going forward?

How will the republican party expand it's base with minorities and women going forward?

How will the republican party cast itself as the party of the middle class going forward?

How will the republican party brand itself as the party of small business going forward?

How will the republican party be the cheerleaders for free markets going forward?  

How will the republican party insist that it is the party of american idealism and patriotism going forward?

I'm not asking, in any of the above..if they were ever -true- to any of their campaign rhetoric, I'm asking how a candidate will be able to make a compelling case for any of the above from within the rapidly deteriorating framework that was the GOP?  I've been wondering this since Bush the Younger, and it's only become more pronounced in the interim..the final straw on so many fronts being this past year.   Where is the opposition to the erosion of all of the time, and labor, and money in messaging?

In short..where are the conservatives?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 12:39 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Minimalist - February 6, 2018 at 1:23 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 1:28 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by A Theist - February 6, 2018 at 1:31 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Whateverist - February 6, 2018 at 3:26 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by A Theist - February 6, 2018 at 3:47 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Minimalist - February 6, 2018 at 1:36 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 1:39 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by vulcanlogician - February 6, 2018 at 1:51 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 2:15 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Divinity - February 6, 2018 at 2:32 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 2:39 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Divinity - February 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Wyrd of Gawd - February 6, 2018 at 3:54 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Divinity - February 6, 2018 at 4:14 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Wyrd of Gawd - February 6, 2018 at 5:03 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Whateverist - February 6, 2018 at 3:18 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 3:19 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Whateverist - February 6, 2018 at 4:45 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 3:28 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 3:51 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 4:03 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Wyrd of Gawd - February 6, 2018 at 4:12 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by Whateverist - February 6, 2018 at 4:51 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 4:17 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by henryp - February 6, 2018 at 4:29 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 4:35 pm
RE: What About The Brand? - by The Grand Nudger - February 6, 2018 at 4:50 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russell Brand and another WTF OP/ED Brian37 45 12478 November 4, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Question Russell Brand vs. Paxman! Napoléon 53 9710 October 26, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Russell Brand's political opinion bladevalant546 0 956 October 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: bladevalant546