Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short)
I find this forum to be much of a dance (Re: christians being here [haven't run into any muslims yet])... I find whatever one's beliefs, one must learn the steps, and in that there is an inherent flaw: people are not thinking for themselves.

My opinion is this: You have been taught the steps, what more is your belief than that? I don't believe many people thought up the idea there is no God on their own since historically speaking, humans have believed a God exists. So I don't think they came to the conclusion themselves, but that this is something that is taught (or worse, they are simply believing in an antithesis). The point here is that people are not thinking for themselves. I will say I am not a hypocrite in this manner considering I came to the only reasonable conclusion I could make, which is that in the debate of whether God is real or not, I find the only reasonable explanation is that I don't know, which leads me to thinking that because there is a debate about God in the first place that someone somewhere must be on to something a long time ago, which leads me to believing everything is miraculous and everything is God.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Messages In This Thread
My view and reasons for them. Atheist and Christians welcome here. (short) - by Quick - May 6, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4869 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Jodo Shinshu view on faith TheViolentFemme 11 4341 June 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: John V