Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Christianity was like all other religions created over time by many men and therefore you get the Trinity. Trinity was obviously not something that they planned from the start but was introduced when it came to Rome because many other religions had trinities of gods most notably Greco-Roman and Egyptian. And while it made sense in polytheism it doesn't make in so called monotheism.

Same thing with worship of Jesus' mother. They had to have their Magna Mater even tough Jesus denounced her.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Messages In This Thread
RE: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? - by Fake Messiah - July 17, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29838 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 6983 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q