Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing I despise about shock humor
RE: One thing I despise about shock humor
(April 17, 2019 at 2:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In the words of the great Mel Brooks, 'Tragedy is when I stub my toe.  Comedy is when YOU fall into an open manhole and die.'

Boru

I used to do a segment on my public access radio show about stories about the odd and embarrassing ways people die.

I don't believe in an afterlife of course. But I did run into a story about a lady who worked at a wast water treatment plant, and fell into a pool of waste and drowned. 

If there was an afterlife I imagined her waiting in line trying to get into heaven with small talk in the line going something like this.

Guy in front of her, "Well I died jumping on a grenade to save my buddy."

Woman behind her, " I died running into a fire to save a baby."

Guy in front of her, "So how did you die?"

Waste Water victim, " I ........(mumbles)"

Women behind her, "I am sorry I didn't hear that."

Waste Water victim, " I..... (mumbles)"

Guy in front of her, " Speak up."

Waste Water victim, " I FELL INTO A VAT OF HUMAN WASTE WHERE WORKED AND DROWNED, YOU HAPPY NOW?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thing I despise about shock humor - by brewer - April 17, 2019 at 10:50 am
RE: One thing I despise about shock humor - by Brian37 - April 17, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What Is The Hardest Thing You’ve Ever Done? BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1703 July 17, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Probably the saddest, most pathetic thing I've ever experienced. Duty 10 597 September 30, 2020 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Duty
  Could exposure to comedy affect your sense of humor? Der/die AtheistIn 23 2474 February 16, 2019 at 12:32 am
Last Post: fredd bear