Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deprogramming Required
Deprogramming Required
Deprogramming Required
No, not for me - for you.

Atheists are always kicking themselves in the ass trying to find ways to deprogram themselves from the cradle-to-grave, day-in and day-out bombardment of religious dogma they've been pelted with since birth. And, if you find the solution, how do you share your success with others and passively begin to deprogram devout religious zealots? I found a simple subliminal way. It works for me and I'll share it with you.

First, remove all magical words from your written and spoken vocabulary. Just don't use them. For instance, the word hope. What does hope buy you? Hope and a couple bucks will buy you a cup of coffee. Hope doesn't magically make you well, win the lottery or prevent you from missing your favorite show. Time and medicine (if appropriate) is the cure for illness, hope has no influence on the statistical odds you'll win the lottery and if you get a flat tire you'll never get home in time to watch your favorite show. You can hope till the cows come home. Or hope the cows will come home. The value of hope is zero. The value of faith is zero. The value of wish is zero. The value of thanking or blaming gawd for anything and everything is zero. The value of prayer is zero.

Oh, did I say gawd? Like I hear 1000 times on every episode of house makeover or design shows. The unveiling and, "OH MY GAWD!!!, OH MY GAWD, OH MY GAWD!" There ought to be a law. Imagine one of those shows and every time a person walks into a room you hear, "Praise Allah, Praise Allah....". Ain't gonna happen. Most people would find it disgusting and call the FCC. Maybe WE should.

Ok, this brings me to phase 2. It's almost impossible to stop using all the magical words. After all, we need to communicate. But do your part. What's wrong with gawd (lower case please) and jebus or some other disrespectful spelling. Remember, blasphemy is a victimless crime.

These ideas may seem foolish and have little impact, but you'd be surprised. Every time you see something pretty, scary, wonderful, etc., refrain from saying omg. You may be surprised just how difficult it is. Oh, never tell someone you will prey for them. Give me a break. What's an atheist or nontheist doing preying or hoping someone gets better. You have no power. Don't kid yourself, friends or family.

My ideas for peaceful activism work. Stop perpetuating the foolishness. Help slow down this dam (notice dam, not damn) bulldozing train one word at a time.

JJ
Religion Is NOT A Victimless Crime

Messages In This Thread
Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by thesummerqueen - January 24, 2011 at 9:31 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 25, 2011 at 11:12 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by thesummerqueen - January 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 25, 2011 at 2:21 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by Of_Tomato - January 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 25, 2011 at 8:12 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by Ryft - January 26, 2011 at 12:15 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 26, 2011 at 8:36 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by Ryft - January 26, 2011 at 11:08 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by thesummerqueen - January 26, 2011 at 9:18 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by KichigaiNeko - January 26, 2011 at 9:25 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 26, 2011 at 11:25 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by KichigaiNeko - January 27, 2011 at 2:59 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by Autumnlicious - January 31, 2011 at 3:28 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by thesummerqueen - January 31, 2011 at 3:37 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by Autumnlicious - January 31, 2011 at 7:05 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JicJac - January 31, 2011 at 7:44 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by thesummerqueen - January 31, 2011 at 7:46 pm
RE: Deprogramming Required - by KichigaiNeko - February 1, 2011 at 1:56 am
RE: Deprogramming Required - by JohnnyRelentless - February 10, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two ex-muslims required for radio programme in London sam2011 8 2449 May 27, 2011 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: lilphil1989