Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Book Of Cyril
The Book Of Cyril
It occurs to me that we need a Book - most religions have got a Book.  Ours need not be perfect (a perfect Book would violate the very essence of Wombatism), but it makes sense that we have at the very least a set of guidelines for when the rejecters of Wombatism question our deeply held sincere beliefs.  I'll start off, but all other Cyrilists should feel free to add and amend as they see fit.

The Creation, Chapter One

1 In the beginning was the Pouch, and the Pouch was eternal. After countless ages, the Pouch did bring forth Cyril, and he was fully formed. 

2  And Cyril did look about him and he did see that all was void and there was no place to dig.

3  'This won't answer,' saith Cyril.  And he did emit from out his hindmost parts the Great Gas, which men call hydrogen.

4  And Cyril did return him to the Pouch and he did sleep for an age and an age, while the hydrogen did be getting on with things.

5  And when Cyril did emerge from the Pouch a second time, he saw that there were worlds and stars and grasses that were good to eat and lovely sandy bits in which to dig.

6  And Cyril saw that it was good.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
The Book Of Cyril - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 3, 2019 at 9:25 am
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by The Valkyrie - December 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by Shell B - December 3, 2019 at 4:28 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by The Valkyrie - December 3, 2019 at 4:57 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 3, 2019 at 5:27 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by The Valkyrie - December 3, 2019 at 5:42 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by zebo-the-fat - December 3, 2019 at 4:46 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by Paleophyte - December 3, 2019 at 10:41 pm
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by ignoramus - December 4, 2019 at 3:33 am
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by downbeatplumb - December 4, 2019 at 7:12 am
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 4, 2019 at 9:24 am
RE: The Book Of Cyril - by ignoramus - December 4, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revealed : The stone that translated the book of mormon. TubbyTubby 17 5186 September 12, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Book of Unicorn paintpooper 25 5208 September 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger