Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The terror my parents' generation had of a nuclear apocalypse, lest we forget
The terror my parents' generation had of a nuclear apocalypse, lest we forget
I just watched the "barrel of laughs" Brit film telling, in a very powerful way, by my mind, how horrific death from radiation poisoning would be if there were a global nuclear war type scenario. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Wi...1986_film)

My mother was in CND back in the day, and has told of the widespread panic and terror she experienced having just brought new lives into the world. Us relative younguns all too often forget about the paramount importance of NOT launching nukes I think, is the thing. 

Films like this...well, they should be shown in schools and stuff I reckon. Strange thread, I know. Australian wildfires got me in apocalypse mindset perhaps. 

Truce

I changed my avatar. Fire bad.

Messages In This Thread
The terror my parents' generation had of a nuclear apocalypse, lest we forget - by Duty - January 10, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things Xhristards Want To Forget Minimalist 2 357 June 3, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This had to occur, but is there proof ?? vorlon13 16 2052 September 24, 2015 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13