Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This had to occur, but is there proof ??
This had to occur, but is there proof ??
The American south before the Civil War.

Slave owners.

Slaves.

Children of slaves.

- - - Slave owners molesting those children - - - 

Like, it's a certainty isn't it?  Men in power, children with no possible recourse or protection, it had to happen.  And happen frequently.

I don't recall ever hearing about it though . . .

Huh
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: This had to occur, but is there proof ??
Of course it happened, but it is not something one is going to learn in a high school history class.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Or absolutely anywhere?

Wouldn't pregnant 11 year old female children of slaves have garnered mention? If nothing else, in a Sale Bill ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think they might have been slightly older than that, but even so times were different back then. It was common for girls to marry young, basically as soon as their bodies showed that they could reproduce.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Well of course, how do you think the term "Light, bright, damn near white!" happened?
(September 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: The American south before the Civil War.

Slave owners.

Slaves.

Children of slaves.

Like, it's a certainty isn't it?  Men in power, children with no possible recourse or protection, it had to happen.  And happen frequently.

Huh

IDK, ostensibly there was at least one child molesting slave owner......but then again slave owners weren't a very large group, so the pool my not be deep enough to present a statistical likelihood.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
People did whatever they wanted to do with their slaves. Anything you could imagine.
(September 23, 2015 at 10:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: The American south before the Civil War.

Slave owners.

Slaves.

Children of slaves.

Huh

You don't hear about it just like you don't hear about gay people from that era.  You know, because neither were possible then.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(September 23, 2015 at 10:49 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Or absolutely anywhere?

Wouldn't pregnant 11 year old female children of slaves have garnered mention?  If nothing else, in a Sale Bill ??

Do you seriously believe that people were honest back then, to tell people the truth in a Sale Bill?  Do you imagine that people back then, WHO OWNED SLAVES, were more moral than people are today, so that they told the truth when they were selling something?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
There would be diaries preserved from wives of slave owners. Might there be admissions of disgust (or relief) that a husband has found an outlet with . . . ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The terror my parents' generation had of a nuclear apocalypse, lest we forget Duty 32 2067 January 19, 2020 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama