Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately...
RE: Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately...
(June 4, 2020 at 4:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 4, 2020 at 4:20 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Not everyone.  Some of us assumed it was a hate crime from go. Others seemed to take the stance that it wasn't necessarily a hate crime as a way to justify or minimize what happened.

Boru

I don't think this assessment is accurate.  I like to hear the facts before making up my mind definitively.  Many of these crimes appear from the start to be hate crimea.  Waiting to hear, or see, confirmation of same is not the same as minimizing or justifying a hate crime.  It's waiting for the facts to be revealed.  Supposedly we don't prosecute based on assumption but rather on the facts.

It's got nothing to do with prosecuting anyone for anything. When two white men jump in a truck to chase a black man and that black man ends up dead, my biases lead me to conclude 'hate crime'.  It may not be justifiable, it certainly isn't fair, but that's how I work - nothing I can do about it.

And not everyone who took a wait-and-see stance was trying to 'justify or minimize'.  I should have been clearer about that, sorry.

But does McMichael using the n-word repeatedly lean you to believe that this incident was - at least in part - racially motivated?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately... - by Brian37 - May 8, 2020 at 11:56 am
RE: Trevon Revisited again, unfortunately... - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - June 4, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cake Case Revisited Foxaèr 108 26820 October 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet