Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform
Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform
Hello, everyone. I haven't been very active, but life has been crazy. I hope you are all well and safe during this shitty fucking year.

After some discussion, the staff has decided to put up a new (hopefully temporary if things go well) banner that will somehow incorporate iconography from the recent protests/Black Lives Matter. As always, we will protect free speech, even if we don't like it, so people can express whatever sentiments they have (within the rules) in the forum. However, we feel that support of this movement in its many facets reflects the values of the forum as and entity as it was intended. In a world where our black members might feel unsafe or like second-class citizens, we want them to feel embraced here, like they can be who they are without ever being singled out by authority for the color of their skin. It's not as good as safety in real life, but I don't feel like it's enough for us to just say/do nothing. We may not all be friends, but not a single fucking one of us is better or worse for the color of our skin or the country of our birth. That's where AF stands.

So, we're looking to the art-minded members of our community to come up with a new banner to reflect this support. You can include textual or visual nods to the movement, but please use the name of the forum in your design prominently for obvious reasons. Feel free to work together, and we strongly encourage any black members of our community to either create or offer their input. Clearly, the message is yours to send. If you plan to make one, just post your intention in here. I'm not sure how we'll go about choosing one or if you all would be willing to collaborate to make one. The choice is yours. We'll just see how it goes. If no one gets into it, we can just add something ourselves to the existing banner.

This thread is for sharing, discussion, working on banner art only. Any discussion of this proclamation or the movement will be removed from this thread. Please feel free to discuss it elsewhere on the forum.

Be well,

AF Staff

Messages In This Thread
Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform - by Shell B - June 5, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 4308 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Banner Design Tiberius 46 11206 March 1, 2010 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy