Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner Design
Banner Design
Hey everyone (old and new),

In case you haven't noticed, we have a new forum theme, based off the old Stealth Theme that was popular with people. Of course, the banner for the old theme looks terrible with the new one, and I'm not a graphic designer (as you can see from the 10 minute job that currently resides in place). We urgently need a banner designed, so if you have any skills with Photoshop, GIMP, or *insert photo editing software here*, please give it a try.

It would be nice if the logo included something to do with atheism, like perhaps the scarlet "A" from the Out Campaign, or the American Atheist's atom symbol (please remove the "A" first if you do use it). Other than that, the design is really up to you. The background colour of the logo should be #2C2C2C so it blends in with the background of the div at the top, but you could have some inner background within the banner itself if you want.

Please upload all attempts in this thread. Make sure to save the .psd (or other work file) as it would be good to have access to this if we do pick your design.

-Adrian
RE: Banner Design
It'll be done in 20, should be have a vote for banners? It would be fun
Of course, naturally we'll have a vote if we get a load of them. I'll add the banners we do get to the rotating script so we can display them all at the top.
What font is the Scarlet A?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I'm not sure. It might be on the Out Campaign website somewhere though, but I can't spot it: http://outcampaign.org/promotions
Would inserting a blank logo be too cryptic? :p
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Just a tad Tongue
Photoshop just died and my save file is corrupt, YAY! I'm in a bad mood now so it'll get done tomorrow.
I got a little paint shope number, I'm not aware of all the nuonces of atheism.. but I can't upload to file sharing stuff from work.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
The font is Zapfino, and is available on Mac. Someone was gracious enough to send me the dfont, and I've conferted it to TTF. So if someone is interested, I have the font as TTF for you.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Calling Graphic Artists: New Banner in Support of BLM/Police and Justice Reform Shell B 41 10190 July 7, 2020 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 4210 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Design Team Tiberius 35 7927 September 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Cinjin