Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Rational reason for ending my life.
RE: Rational reason for ending my life.
@Goosebump

When you get really depressed, it's hard to remember anything good you've ever done. It's like, all you can think of are failures, fuck ups, embarrassments, stuff like that. It sucks. I've been stuck in a place like that, and I couldn't think my way out of it (though I tried and tried and tried to do just that). But when I got to a better place, I was able to see the good things about myself too (along with the bad)... and really, that's a more accurate way to look at things. But you're shut off from that right now.

A lot of people here are suggesting getting professional help. That's a valid solution. I've gotten help that way before. But I've also NOT gotten help that way. So, in the interests of full disclosure, professional help can be a mixed bag. Especially if you don't have money. You can just be funnelled into the mental health system and placed with a "professional" who is simply not equipped to tackle your particular issues. Not that they are unable to help anyone. I'm sure the vast majority of them are capable of helping people. But that doesn't mean they can help you.

It IS worth a try though. Especially if you haven't sought help before. I recommend trying different avenues. If the mental health system places you with someone who isn't helping, ask for a different therapist. It can be really hard to do this, but MAKE yourself do it. Try different offices if you have multiples available.

Since you are at the point where you are considering nitro tanks... I feel like I should mention alcohol and drugs. I'm not joking. They can get you through. Are they perfect solutions? No. They create new problems of their own. But they're okay. They can even rescue you from the pit of despair (don't even think about trying to escape Wink  ) for the time being. Especially weed. For me, alcohol does the trick the best, but weed is also very good. And WAY less problematic than alcohol.

Feel free to PM me if you're feeling it. We can talk. I've been there. I'm not some "whatever you do, don't commit suicide" person. To me, suicide is a valid solution. But there are other solutions worth considering too.

Messages In This Thread
Rational reason for ending my life. - by Goosebump - April 12, 2021 at 9:40 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Rev. Rye - April 12, 2021 at 9:54 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by arewethereyet - April 12, 2021 at 10:27 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Belacqua - April 13, 2021 at 2:17 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by The Valkyrie - April 13, 2021 at 6:45 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Brian37 - April 13, 2021 at 6:47 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by The Valkyrie - April 13, 2021 at 7:06 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Duty - April 13, 2021 at 8:42 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by brewer - April 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Foxaèr - April 13, 2021 at 9:01 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by LadyForCamus - April 14, 2021 at 9:25 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Nay_Sayer - April 13, 2021 at 9:22 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by zwanzig - April 13, 2021 at 9:55 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by tackattack - April 13, 2021 at 10:07 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Astreja - April 14, 2021 at 11:32 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by tackattack - April 14, 2021 at 4:21 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Rev. Rye - April 13, 2021 at 11:57 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by vulcanlogician - April 13, 2021 at 10:26 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Rev. Rye - April 13, 2021 at 11:34 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Rahn127 - April 14, 2021 at 9:07 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Ranjr - April 14, 2021 at 4:48 pm
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by purplepurpose - April 15, 2021 at 11:32 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Fake Messiah - April 22, 2021 at 3:34 am
RE: Rational reason for ending my life. - by Reforged - April 22, 2021 at 4:36 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A reason not to worry what the majority thinks Der/die AtheistIn 10 977 October 10, 2020 at 6:52 am
Last Post: no one
  People who throw tantrums of ending a relationship Der/die AtheistIn 8 1475 May 4, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: arewethereyet