Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Can We Believe, Then?
RE: What Can We Believe, Then?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Ch..._evolution
http://www.reformed.org/webfiles/antithe...canon.html
http://www.christiantruth.com/articles/assumption.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_...lic_Church

How one gets the impression that the RCC of today is anything like the RCC of yesteryear is beyond me. I also wouldn't put the RCC forward as a champion of human dignity, or you'll end up with page after page of church mandated atrocities, carried out by the clergy, with full support of the faithful. That they feed the poor is commendable, their stance on birth control contributes to this problem greatly and so they have a responsibility to do something about it, I'd say. The misdeeds of clergy were bad, of course, and not really the fault of the RCC per se. Their actions in suppressing the release of this information, and shielding clergy from the law are squarely on the shoulders of the RCC as a whole, since it was no small effort limited to a few individuals. I'm sorry if I can't take the idea of the RCC as "the good guys" seriously. You, as a roman catholic, sure, you're probably a decent guy. The RCC just has too many skeletons in it's closet for me to even try to withhold judgement.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
What Can We Believe, Then? - by QuestingHound08 - March 22, 2011 at 2:36 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by theVOID - March 22, 2011 at 3:12 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Rhizomorph13 - March 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Minimalist - March 22, 2011 at 5:59 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by QuestingHound08 - September 6, 2011 at 1:00 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by reverendjeremiah - March 23, 2011 at 1:00 am
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Violet - March 23, 2011 at 1:06 am
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Rhizomorph13 - September 6, 2011 at 1:12 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by The Grand Nudger - September 6, 2011 at 1:13 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Minimalist - September 6, 2011 at 1:23 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Rhizomorph13 - September 6, 2011 at 1:42 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Minimalist - September 6, 2011 at 1:51 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by QuestingHound08 - September 7, 2011 at 4:17 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Rhizomorph13 - September 7, 2011 at 5:38 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by QuestingHound08 - September 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm
RE: What Can We Believe, Then? - by Rhizomorph13 - September 7, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Thomism: Then & Now Neo-Scholastic 202 12249 November 11, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: emjay
  I believe in myself, therefore believe in God. Mystic 12 3624 August 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Negative thinking is better then positive thinking Gooders1002 6 1949 May 7, 2013 at 5:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko