Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to convert a muslim to an Atheist?
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist?
Hey guys just to pass on my experience with muslims, as I have some muslim family members. I would say even the most non religious muslims, still in some capacity hold their faith close to there hearts on some particulars. That may seem like a contradiction but I will try best to explain. I believe it is all down to indoctrination as a child, because I have noticed a strong correlation between what was taught as a child and what they beleive in adulthood.

For example the first time I had a conversation with a family member about evolving from monkeys, and darwinism, he was in fits of laughter. He thought at first I was making a joke. For him, God made mankind, and he made monkeys seperate. It was kind of like christian creationists view on life, except this family member had never been exposed even to the concept of darwinism unlike many christians in the western world have. For him it was hilarious. It was clear to me that I would never get through some of the arguments to him, because it was as if there were 3 layers of security barrier in his brain to stop any common sense getting through.

Now back to the contradiction example, in that muslims may not be religious but still hold aspects of their faith close to them. I heard a story of some moroccan arabs living in Europe somewere either germany or holland. Apparantly they were all having a heavy drinking session at a flat (around 5 or 6 of them) when the owner of the flat went to go get some more beers. Apparantly when he got back to the house the place had been destroyed. And it was clear that some kind of fight had taken place. The owner was furious, at the destruction of his home and asked what happened. His friends tried to explain that they had a conversation on religion and the prophet mohammed, and one of the other friends had "cursed the prophet and his existance". The guy who made the insult had to literally run for his life, as the other members were going to do him harm. Remember this is a group of people who were drinking which is not permitted in islam.

The owner was even then more furious that they had let him commit such as sin in his home and let him escape. The owner grabbed a kitchen knife, went over to the other mans house, knocked on his door and stabbed him to death. Apparantly he told prosecutors it was for the "honour of islam" and that no one can insult the prophet. ( i never have been able to verify this story other than the ramblings of a saudi sheikh on you tube)

I noticed even with some of my muslim friends, they drink and dont pray, but they will never eat pork at all. And if you discuss theological arguments, they still heavily favour the islamic concept of life and creation. I think its one of the reasons that when the prophet gets in somehow insulted, the mobs hit the streets, or in fact any perceived insult for that matter.

There also seems to be more of a stubborn mindset amongst muslims regarding their faith and religion. Much more of a sheep mentality, than christians. Perhaps because Allah is more about submitting to his will that makes life that little bit easier. It would seem Christianity allows for a bit more interpretation than the quraan, which I believe is regarded as the literal word of god.

Messages In This Thread
How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by adam_1992p - June 29, 2011 at 12:38 pm
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by Anomalocaris - September 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by Rev. Rye - September 4, 2011 at 2:18 pm
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by TeslaTrooper - September 5, 2011 at 4:06 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by medviation - September 25, 2011 at 9:17 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by Napoléon - October 2, 2011 at 10:29 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by ruhollah - October 11, 2011 at 2:33 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by Napoléon - October 11, 2011 at 8:38 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by moslim - October 30, 2011 at 11:50 pm
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by ElDinero - October 31, 2011 at 12:04 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by Nappeun - October 31, 2011 at 12:31 pm
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by moslim - November 4, 2011 at 9:55 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by moslim - November 4, 2011 at 11:18 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by moslim - November 4, 2011 at 11:41 am
RE: How to convert a muslim to an Atheist? - by frankiej - November 4, 2011 at 11:43 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5370 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2331 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1283 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1356 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4817 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Convert me if you can DeistPaladin 152 51410 August 12, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 4030 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 792 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1960 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 941 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup