Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim
3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim
1. Your whole life and potentially your entire future generations lives are wasted because a man claimed to be visited by an angel over 1400 years ago. The proof is literally that he said so. He was alone when it happened. Think about it, just his word (and of course a bit of rape and murder to force the issue a bit, but once there was enough influence it was just words). Everything else you spew as "proof" after that is your imagination adapting to the brainwashing.

2. Not needed

3. Not needed
RE: 3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim
As usual, Hitchens said it best;

“What? God speaks to some illiterate merchant in Arabia, he’s able to write this down perfectly and it contains the answers to all human- don’t waste my time, it’s bullshit.”
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(September 25, 2018 at 11:26 am)SaStrike Wrote: 1. Your whole life and potentially your entire future generations lives are wasted because a man claimed to be visited by an angel over 1400 years ago.

William James responded to ridiculizing depictions of religious experience quite satisfactorily : it's the content of the revelations that matters, not speculation about their origins -which atheists suck at anyway, but that's for another thread-. It's because we know the Islamic prophet couldn't have produced the Qur'an -nor could his companions, or their successors- that we believe Islam is true, not solely because he claimed he spoke to an angel.

Any argument in favor of Islam is a form of abduction : the prophet's religious experience and revelations are better explained if he were genuine than if he weren't. And his sincerity is uncontroversial, otherwise the appearance of Islam as one of the most explosive forces in history becomes incomprehensible.
(September 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm)Bob Kelso Wrote: As usual, Hitchens said it best;

“What? God speaks to some illiterate merchant in Arabia, he’s able to write this down perfectly and it contains the answers to all human

No Muslim on earth believes that God spoke to the Islamc prophet directly, or that he ordered the prophet to write it down -it's mainstream islamic history that the prophet can't read or write. And the Qur'an doesn't even claim it contains the solutions to all problems people will face.

Hitchens knew nothing about Islam.
You dug up a four-year old thread for this?

Take your meds, take a nap. Find a current topic.

Holy shit, you are a pain in the ass.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 19, 2022 at 6:46 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You dug up a four-year old thread for this?

Take your meds, take a nap.  Find a current topic.

Exactly, there is no current topic in the Islam section. I am so bored here
(September 19, 2022 at 6:48 pm)R00tKiT Wrote:
(September 19, 2022 at 6:46 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You dug up a four-year old thread for this?

Take your meds, take a nap.  Find a current topic.

Exactly, there is no current topic in the Islam section. I am so bored here

Tell me who is keeping you from doing something else.  I'll take care of them.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 19, 2022 at 6:49 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Tell me who is keeping you from doing something else.  I'll take care of them.

If only there were someone keeping from doing something else....
One simple way to end a discussion with any Muslim:

1. I’m not interested in what you have to say.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 19, 2022 at 6:40 pm)R00tKiT Wrote:
(September 25, 2018 at 11:26 am)SaStrike Wrote: 1. Your whole life and potentially your entire future generations lives are wasted because a man claimed to be visited by an angel over 1400 years ago.

William James responded to ridiculizing depictions of religious experience quite satisfactorily : it's the content of the revelations that matters, not speculation about their origins -which atheists suck at anyway, but that's for another thread-. It's because we know the Islamic prophet couldn't have produced the Qur'an -nor could his companions, or their successors- that we believe Islam is true, not solely because he claimed he spoke to an angel.

Any argument in favor of Islam is a form of abduction : the prophet's religious experience and revelations are better explained if he were genuine than if he weren't. And his sincerity is uncontroversial, otherwise the appearance of Islam as one of the most explosive forces in history becomes incomprehensible.

Bollocks. You've shown nothing that couldn't be produced by Mohammed without aid of angel or Allah. You are a mendacious piece of shit.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5272 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2294 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1252 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4742 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any Sunni/Shiite WinterHold 69 6331 August 8, 2022 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3915 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any atheist WinterHold 94 4587 October 4, 2018 at 7:58 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1933 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 933 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup