Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The diversity of Atheists
The diversity of Atheists
Anyone want to help me? I'm working on a project to show fellow atheists, who are "in the closet" so to speak, that are afraid to admit to their peers what they are simply because they don't want to face ridicule or let down their parents, etc. If anyone can help by sharing an amazing story with me in regards to how awesome it is to be an atheist, something that happened to you personally, why it's important to share our non belief, or something else generally welcoming and inviting to those who remain closeted. I'm going to compile these answers in some form or another be it on the net or in a book and try to show some of the positive aspects of "coming out". We have plenty of deconversion tales, science reports, political agendas and the like available, but very little in the general coolness of life that one can miss out on trying to please the enemy, beyond the Saganistic "billions and billions" or "the world is so pretty" stuff. Things that have to do with everyday life and freedom from the church.
So please, if anyone would like to share an anecdote or philosophy or just pointers for coping with being an outcast from your family and friends, please contact me.
If I'm in the wrong forum I apologize. I couldn't decide what would be best, I'm new here to AF.

Messages In This Thread
The diversity of Atheists - by Captainteeth - August 6, 2011 at 7:30 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by frankiej - August 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by wbegg - August 6, 2011 at 11:59 pm
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by cdog - August 7, 2011 at 3:28 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by fr0d0 - August 7, 2011 at 4:00 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by cdog - August 7, 2011 at 4:05 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by fr0d0 - August 7, 2011 at 5:33 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by Faith No More - August 7, 2011 at 6:29 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by MilesTailsPrower - August 11, 2011 at 3:34 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by twocompulsive - August 11, 2011 at 5:48 am
RE: The diversity of Atheists - by Napoléon - August 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2222 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet