Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlestar Galactica Finale
Battlestar Galactica Finale
OK,

Maybe someone's interested maybe they ain't but I am because I stuck through this for 4 whole series ... now I wonder why?

I've been watching Battlestar Galctica (the reimagined series with Edward James Olmos as Admiral Adama and with humanoid Cylons) and I've been watching the last half of Season 4 which, whilst not dire, was very depressing dealing with a rebellion/mutiny which could, quite frankly, have been covered in one, maybe 2, episodes ... lots of in corridor scenes, person to person stuff and not a whole lot of FX/action. The impression many of us fans were beginning to get was that they were saving their FX for one huge f*** off finale ... a finale I have now seen and, it has to be said, that I pretty much hated!

The following is a summary (SPOILERS, be warned):

In short it was tiresome, it was dull and I wish they had just left them on the shattered “Earth” half-way through the series and I stuck it out (through the dire latter half of season 4) because I figured the last episode HAD to be good ... in many ways it made me wonder why I bothered with the damned series at all.

I asked my friend who watched it with me what he would have done ... simple ....

... and so, my blood-thirsty lust for space action, death & destruction would have been sated and I would have gone home a very happy man.

As it was I couldn't (still can't) see the point of it and in many ways it completely invalidate the earlier much better episodes much like the appalling sequels cheapened the first "The Matrix" film.

Oh well!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Messages In This Thread
Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Kyuuketsuki - March 31, 2009 at 11:06 am
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Cinjin - June 11, 2012 at 7:42 pm
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Jackalope - June 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Cinjin - June 11, 2012 at 8:04 pm
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Jackalope - June 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Autumnlicious - June 12, 2012 at 1:27 am
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Cinjin - June 12, 2012 at 8:44 am
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by Tiberius - June 12, 2012 at 1:38 am
RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale - by downbeatplumb - June 12, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Battlestar Galactica fans here? Lemonvariable72 6 1063 May 2, 2014 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Discovery backs down over Frozen Planet finale popeyespappy 10 2543 December 7, 2011 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Lost Finale - Spoilers Hidden Paul the Human 24 5192 May 29, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: WingedFoe