Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lost Finale - Spoilers Hidden
The Lost Finale - Spoilers Hidden
The Lost finale sucked. If you haven’t seen it yet and plan to, don’t open the hide tag below. Although, you may want to go ahead and read what’s in there instead of bothering to watch it. Your choice.

I feel like I’ve been scammed.
RE: The Lost Finale - Spoilers Hidden
I gave on lost quite quickly.
I thought they were just making shit up as they went.
It seems I was right.
Oh well.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My wife was a big Lost fan. Last night she told me she was going to watch the finale. I wrote out my prediction and handed it to her to read afterwards.

It said simply..."they're all dead and this has been a dream."

When it was over she came out and said "close enough."
(May 24, 2010 at 12:19 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: The Lost finale sucked. If you haven’t seen it yet and plan to, don’t open the hide tag below. Although, you may want to go ahead and read what’s in there instead of bothering to watch it. Your choice.

I feel like I’ve been scammed.

Well, I guess I won't have to watch the last episode then. I could really feel as the 6th season episodes came out and didn't answer anything that the last episode wouldn't be able to explain it all.

It's so frustrating that I'd wished they had made a "it was only a dream" end because at the very least it would have explain everything, in a cheap way, but it would have explain everything goddammit !
[Image: pPQu8.png]
It's frustrating and doesn't completely add up, but it's not terrible. It ended the series well on the character-based, emotional side, but not so well on the mythology or scientific side of it.

If you think of Lost as a story about Jack Shepard, and all the other characters being secondary to him it feels better as an ending. I liked the symmetry in the closing shot, though.
- Meatball
The more and more I think about it, the suckier this ending becomes. haha Oh well.
Not reading posts, and haven't read the article I am posting. I am behind a couple of seasons and do plan to catch up at some point. But a friend posted this article on an atheist perspective of the Lost finale.

Thought I'd share, no idea what it says, but I bet it's worth a read.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4275-...itter:4275
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Thanks Paul, I read the spoiler.

I watched the first episode of Lost only and decided it wasn't for me; I didn't find any of the characters remotely sympathetic.

Seems I made the right decision not bothering with Lost. I hate an untidy/lazy/unsatisfying denouement.

-------I was livid with the ending of The Sopranos. I choose to believe that guy you see coming out of the toilets is a hit man. He shoots Tony, his morally bankrupt wife and their oxygen thief son. Meadow survives, as the only one within shouting distance of a decent human being in the entire bunch. (including the weak,slimy fucking parish priest)
Heroes at least goes by a plot outline and ties up it's loose ends... that is until NBC cancelled this season... for shame
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I actually liked the final episode. It brought everything together nicely, although I think they could have done a better job of explaining wtf happened in the last 15 minutes. When I originally wrote this post, I had just watched it and it seemed like they'd been dead the entire time, and the last 6 seasons never happened. Then I read this explanation: http://screenrant.com/lost-finale-explan...ofi-61464/ and it makes more sense now.

As for complaining about the lack of reveals; I disagree completely. It's a fantasy show; without the mystery and pondering of fans, it would be dry dry dry. The unknown was always a great part of Lost, and for them to answer every single question of the fans (or even some of the "important" ones) would have just made it horrible. I don't want to know how the Island moves, or why the Smoke monster appeared, or why the numbers were important, because by being unknown they are far more intriguing than any "material" explanation (which would have no doubt been utter crap).

Some things are best left unknown. It's how Lost always should have been viewed, and I'm glad they ended it with the episode they did.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeing "Hidden Network" on my wi fi list. Brian37 15 1694 May 2, 2022 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  "The Platform" movie (Spoilers) Rhizomorph13 0 346 May 25, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  What we really lost in all this shit... Gawdzilla Sama 7 1148 April 20, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Game of Thrones final season [spoilers] arewethereyet 328 23432 May 28, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Lost Commandments Cyberman 29 2260 August 19, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cod
  I've lost more weight Foxaèr 14 1801 February 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Well, I've finally lost it. Gawdzilla Sama 0 613 January 27, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Ever wonder what the admins of this site do in their super secret hidden forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9911 January 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Game of Thrones (no spoilers in the OP) Losty 31 4113 August 15, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Ive lost all trust for my mom Socratic Meth Head 61 6187 June 2, 2016 at 4:27 am
Last Post: Alex K