Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 4:25 am

Poll: Are Christian groups promoting "Jesusween" where you live to replace Hallowe'en?
This poll is closed.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas"
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas"
The only reasons I have to acknowledge Christmas at all is that my children's fathers are christian, and of course it's important to them to celebrate it and share traditions with our children and the schools shove it in their faces. My kids do not believe in Santa. This upsets the entire family, but how could I expect them to trust in me as a reliable source of information in general, if one day I explain to them why I think that god is just a myth, and the next day fill their heads with bullshit about flying reindeer? I don't care if it pisses my family off, because they're just as upset that the children don't believe in god. Ridiculous. They tell me that I have stolen something from their childhood, but have I? I think all I have stolen is a moment when they will learn that the person who they most love and trust has lied to them. And for what significance? There are so many real things in this world about which to wonder, marvel, and imagine.

I send them off with their dads, they collect their loot, eat their food, see their family, and then they come back to me and we go out for Chinese food. For every present they receive they must choose an old toy to donate to the Goodwill, and then we go on with our lives. It's just another "christian culture day" at my house.

Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Anymouse - October 14, 2011 at 11:30 pm
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Cyberman - October 15, 2011 at 12:06 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Shell B - October 15, 2011 at 12:06 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Anomalocaris - October 15, 2011 at 12:09 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Shell B - October 15, 2011 at 12:12 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Minimalist - October 15, 2011 at 12:18 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by BethK - October 15, 2011 at 12:21 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Justtristo - October 15, 2011 at 2:07 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Kayenneh - October 15, 2011 at 2:31 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Erinome - October 15, 2011 at 4:05 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Phaedra - October 15, 2011 at 4:11 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Justtristo - October 15, 2011 at 7:30 am
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by thesummerqueen - October 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Minimalist - October 15, 2011 at 7:27 pm
RE: Answer "Jesusween" with "athiestmas" - by Rev. Rye - October 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm